mtbr member

Test run with a goggle-mounted POV.1 - includes free wipe out

Hi,

Here's a short video I made of a local downhill run using a POV.1 mounted with a goggle mount. While still a bit jerky, it is more stable than mounting the lens on the handle bars. It also keeps the unit further from the ground when I crash (as can be seen about half way through).

Test run with a goggle-mounted POV.1 - 23.08.2009 from Frank Rizzo on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Video looked great to me. Nice little trail ya got there. Wish I could experience some downhill stuff - but I live in florida. /shrug

Anycase -- what caused the fall? Hope you are ok. (because you continued the ride - maybe the wreck wasn't too bad -- but ya never know.)

-Tree (aka. Keith)

mtbr member
    Thanks. Not sure what caused the fall. I did a small drop off the rock in the ground just prior to the fall (not easy to see when the camera is up high) then I think the front wheel slid against a root in the ground instead of going over it and that threw me over. Nothing broken, just a bruised hip. Why is it you always knock a part of the body not protected with body armour?

mtbr member
    Here's another short clip, this time testing the POV.1 mounted to the handlebar using a RAM mount, as demonstrated by Headcamguy on his site (www.headcamguy.com). The mount is very sturdy and flexible, if a bit heavy. Still doesn't quite eliminate all the bumps from the fork but it's always worse at the front of the bike. The back end is calmer so I'll try mounting it there next. The lower position does make the ride seem faster and tilts more suddenly than when mounted up on the helmet. Funnily enough I wipe out again in almost the same place as in the last clip.

Another camera test run. Same trail, different crash! - 21.09.2009 from Frank Rizzo on Vimeo.

Cheers

Steve