mtbr member

tachyon xc micro

Just curious to see if anyone out there has purchased a tachyon xc micro helmet cam? I'm looking into purchasing one.
    Dude,Man,Guy...Did you see that?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I used mine yesterday for the first time. I like the simple one button use. I used microsoft windows movie maker to edit add sound and titles. The picture looked pretty good I thought. Over all very happy, I only got to shoot video in front of my house in the street. I will use it tommorrow more on a real trail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    love mine! Have an older Sportzshot system too (now going out of buisness). Old school systems had lots of wires to deal with but produced great sound due to they're external mic. I end up using the Tachyon more 'cause I can grab it and go (like alot of the newer units). My favorite thing about it is the 90 degree field of vision - not as wide as most of the other "new " stuff - doesn't distort the scenery or "push it back" as much. I'll post a couple of recent "all Tachyon vids here" in a couple minutes...

Here ya go. 1st one started out dark & drizzly then cleared up a bit towards the end of the ride. Lots better light to work with on the 2nd. The Tachyon seems to work best on the brighter days. one thing you can do is point the cam down a little so the brightness of the sky doesn't "steal the show" and make everything else appear darker...

Soft focus effect is just moisture on the lens from riding north into the humid northerly wind.
    Last edited by ward; 08-06-2010 at 09:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Very nice vids! The picture the tachyon produces is wonderful. I'm just about ready to start filming w/ my new xc micro. Have a slight problem w/ the sd card though. I think it's defective. I will definately show you a vid I make after I get everything going.

Ride hard, ride long, just ride...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by crankspanker
    Very nice vids! The picture the tachyon produces is wonderful. I'm just about ready to start filming w/ my new xc micro. Have a slight problem w/ the sd card though. I think it's defective. I will definately show you a vid I make after I get everything going.

Ride hard, ride long, just ride...
    I had some card issues too in the beginning. When I would clear a card on my computer, I couldn't get them to work in the Tachyon after that. Turns out they just needed to be reformatted. couldn't figure out how to do it on my Mac so I do it on my little Aiptek camcorder. Works like a charm. Call Tachyon if you're having problems, they'll talk to you. they also have a facebook page... might find some info on there.

mtbr member
    Hey Ward, think i will add the Tachyon micro to my camera collection,looks the same quality as the 2010 XC cameras but as you say handy to take everywhere and there cheap for the quality
    plan it...build it....ride it...love it....
    http://coastkid.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by coastkid71
    Hey Ward, think i will add the Tachyon micro to my camera collection,looks the same quality as the 2010 XC cameras but as you say handy to take everywhere and there cheap for the quality
    thats funny CK, "cause I was thinking about adding 2 full size XC's to my collection... like you have now ... let the films evolve...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    'Corse, I'm gonna have to upgrade editing programs from this imovies '08... bike parts keep gettin' in the way...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I have a Micro and it has yet to fail me. I love that it is waterproof without a case. I signed up on their Facebook page cause they are having a contest to win 2 cameras.

mtbr member
    sounds like my kind of contest! thank for the info.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

XC Micro not working after removing videos -

Quote Originally Posted by ward
    I had some card issues too in the beginning. When I would clear a card on my computer, I couldn't get them to work in the Tachyon after that. Turns out they just needed to be reformatted. couldn't figure out how to do it on my Mac so I do it on my little Aiptek camcorder. Works like a charm. Call Tachyon if you're having problems, they'll talk to you. they also have a facebook page... might find some info on there.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion - I just got my Tachyon XC Micro and was having some issues with it working after I removed the videos and pictures from the unit. It would turn on but would not beep or take videos or pictures. A steady green light was all I got. I took the card out (Transcend 8G class 6) and formatted it with my computer using the built in card reader and windows 7. Fat 32, 8G, fast format. Now my camera works great again!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I have bought one in the beginning of summer.
    I love the camera simplicity and the customer care is great.
    Had a problem that I could identify(as the memory card corrupted) and they help me to discovered the problem and to solve.

The camera being capable to go to water is a very nice feature to me because i use this camera for diving and snorkel, so it is a multiple capable camera.

mtbr member

Fast formatting

I would recommend using the longer formatted every other time, so that the card will read and pick-up things better. And incase any viruses decide to piggy-back along. At least that's what I've been told. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmdTAAc42NU