Thread: tachyon micro?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

tachyon micro?

what video software is best to use with this camera?
    hearing a lot of different things

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    any other options?i HAVE WINDOWS 7

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    for video editing mac are the best, but seeing as though you asked a question i shall do my best to try and provide you with an answer.

so you are a pc user, there are loads of options out there, it depends exactly what you want from an editing software, windows comes with movie maker which is a very basic software, not sure if it will be usable with your specific camera as i dont know anything about it, though most cameras seem to be a standard format these days,
    do you want a simple basic software that will let you cut and clip your footage, and place in a few titles and trasitions and music.
    or do you want somthing more profesional that will do all of the above plus more professional stuff like effects colour correction ect ect.

most softwares these days are quite userfriendly and there are lots of useful tuition vids and reviews on youtube.
    i started off using pinacle studio 9 this was a good software very easy to use good results, but very very unstable it would crash all the time, this was a good few years back though.
    now i use sony vegas 9 platinum, this is a great software, a little harder to use, but has great tutorials built in. plus the ones on youtube, it is crammed with features and gives great results. i have used lots of differant cameras, go pro, contour, sanyo xacti,sony hdrsr12, vio pov.and cannon eos7d. do it does cover most formats.
    my brother started off using powerdirector, it is quite basic and very easy to use, he quite liked it, again he used quite a few differant cameras, and it recognised them all.
    now he uses a mac, he started off with imovie, then went on to final cut, it is a lot harder to use but the resulta are amazing, he loves it,
    i know alot of pros swear by adobe premier though i have never used it myself, so cant really comment, good luck mate, hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have windows xp and it works fine I just got my cam for christmas and they work great dont they i think its fine using either windows or mac i do know its listed on the box the helmet cam is packaged in

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    from what i hear most people who work either in the film industry or graphics, all swear by macs. they run faster and more stable than windows based pc's. why i dont know i am not a computer expert, i am only going off what i have been told.

now i guess i wasnt very clear here, most pro's swear by and use macs and final cut pro.
    but there are some people that use pc's, and the ones that do seem to prefare adobe premier, again why i dont know, i am just going off what i have been told,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 996TT
    That's what I thought.
    dont think it could be dangerous,

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by 996TT
    Dangerous? How odd.

What purpose is served by you posting nonsense in this forum?
    What purpose is served by you continually acting like an I-know-it-all-you-don't-know-shyte curmudgeon? First you say "You need to buy a Mac and then get FCP.

No question." without any explaination why. but you take delirian to task for not supporting his "mac is best" claim.

Can't you be informative without being an a$$hole?
    Last edited by whodaphuck; 01-16-2011 at 12:12 PM.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    If you know who it is, and I think you do or should, then why ask......?

Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    What purpose is served by you continually acting like an I-know-it-all-you-don't-know-shyte curmudgeon? Can't you be informative without being an a$$hole?