1:18

Cool-blue Rhythm The Steinbock Gang - a short video from the Julian Alps

"Hey, look at that!"
    "Wow, they're amazing..."
    "... a whole bunch and how big they are!"
    "Haha, three of them turned their heads while one is still eating like nothing happened "
    "That must be Averell, eating is his trademark."

Indeed the "Dalton Gang" acted like the biking-hiking visits into their wilderness happened daily. Quite the opposite is true, since the trail is unmarked and rarely visited by the hikers. Otherwise the scenic mule track offers plenty of fun riding, spiced with remnants of forts, caverns, crenels and windows. In remembrance and a reminder of past when the battles of First World War took places high in these mountains.

And today? Surely we couldn't ride it anymore with cart and mule, but the bike makes it possible. Naturally the way up is harder than descent, but still the uphill offers plenty of (hard) riding. Worth the effort. Add the spectacular views of surrounding summits in autumn colors and the result is below. Whole day in five mintues. Enjoy!

The Steinbock Gang from LOV2XLR8 on Vimeo.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    that's some crazy riding terrain there!
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    If you had told me that Wuthering Heights was to be used in a biking video i would have thought - that will never work. I'm still not sure how well it works but bravo for challenging mixes.

Slovenia?

What is the story with the tunnels?
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Nice vid, and awesome nose press

1:18
    Thanks guys, glad you like it. It's close to Slovenia, just across the border in Italy.

About the tunnels and other stuff: that region was place of the Isonzo Front during WW1. It's hard to imagine what kind of battlefield was going on at almost 8000 feet. Let alone the terrain was extremely demanding, but add the elements (heat, snow, freezing, lack of water) and you get the idea...

Both parties build countless mule tracks in the mountains, along with other support structures: barracks, trenches, holes, caverns... Especially the latter, which looks like a tunnel in the movie, were often carved in pure rock to provide shelter and storage. Check these link for some pics of the frontier:
    Velika Montura | Gore-ljudje
    gruppo del Canin: Bila Pec - Prevala
    Dreznica - The Isonzo Front

But the tunnels also have another feature - if I use the gaming vocabulary, we've included a hidden level in the movie. By figuring out the cavern stuff the "player" gets bonus descent