Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyi View Post
    Although I agree with much you have said here, I do not see the original post as SPAM. SPAM by definition is either bulk or automatic posting, or unsolicited information, and the original post is neither. It may be worded strangely, but is no doubt relevant in this thread and may be helpful to many people. If it works as described, I would consider this software if I needed to purchase some.
    NOTE:
    The linked-to software is NOT FREE and there are no 3rd-party reviews on this software that I could find, so buyer beware.
    Geezus.

Technically, no it wasn't spam by the letter, however the post was disingenuous. The software was not was it was purported to be, and it was not FREE. It was deliberately misleading.

But the "real" GoPro software (that IS FREE), works very well at what it does. It can be a great asset to those using GoPros.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

www.swampclub.org
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    Geezus.

Technically, no it wasn't spam by the letter, however the post was disingenuous. The software was not was it was purported to be, and it was not FREE. It was deliberately misleading.

But the "real" GoPro software (that IS FREE), works very well at what it does. It can be a great asset to those using GoPros.
    I'm sorry if you take offense to people stating facts, and to constructive criticism.
    BTW... You may want to re-read the original post (shown below, for your convenience), because the person never said anything about it being "FREE".
    Also, how can you state that anything in that post was "deliberately misleading"? How would you know what their intention was? The post may have simply been copied and pasted from another post or advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Byrant View Post
    what about no transcoding, no laborious work, just natively import and edit in pro way. that's the gopro video editor-the best gopro video editing program up-to-date.
    "Wish not so much to live long, as to live well." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    I don't have a gopro but I do have a few sources of videos. Cell phone takes HD, Camcorder and a Contour 2+. My video editor of choice after searching around for a very long time has been Cyberlink Powerdirector. The latest version even can remove camera shake which I really like. Plus I used it to make a slide show of pictures. Very nice program. The only think I have found I cannot do with it is master Dolby Surround from 4 channel audio sources. It will however preserve any surround existing in the source.
    2012 Fianceé
    2011 Spc SJ Cmp Crbn 29
    2010 Fantom Cross Outlaw
    2009 Spc RH Exprt Disc 29
    2008 Trek Fuel EX7
    2007 Spc RH

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyi View Post
    I'm sorry if you take offense to people stating facts, and to constructive criticism.
    BTW... You may want to re-read the original post (shown below, for your convenience), because the person never said anything about it being "FREE".
    Also, how can you state that anything in that post was "deliberately misleading"? How would you know what their intention was? The post may have simply been copied and pasted from another post or advertisement.

Don't be sorry. Not offended at all... Was the "intent" of the post misleading? Dunno, can't really say as it seems like a post-and-run. But the linked content sure is.

GoProVideo Editor.exe. does not exist. Nor does the GoPro Hero 2 Video Editor. These are both referred to by NAME (in caps and bolded) - not as a description of what they do. Its even suggested to download "GoProVideo Editor.exe" - yet if you click the link, that is not the software you download. One is prompted to download AVSVideoEditor.exe - not GoProVideo Editor.exe.

Can you provide a link to the GoPro HD Hero 2 Video Editor? or the GoProVideo Editor.exe? I can't seem to find them even though they are clearly referred to by name. There must be a download link on the page somewhere... Just where is GoProVideo Editor.exe anyhow?

I'm of the opinion that the linked page is worded in a deliberately vague/obtuse manner to entice downloads of AVSVideo editor, while believing they are downloading "GoProVideo Editor.exe" which is non-existent (bait and switch = misleading). Wouldn't it be less confusing to just note the software edits gopro videos, or is "GoPro compatible", rather than naming two versions of software that are unobtainable?

(you got me on the FREE thing... Didn't see it in the post) I think I brought it up because software offered by GoPro is free,while AVS wants users to pay a license fee.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12