Thread: Software

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Software

What software do most of you use, I'm at this moment using AVS but when it edits the video, it drops the quality from 1080 to basically 720 or less. Did ask AVS about it and they always tell me to uninstall/install their programs.

Once I'll have 10 post then I could display the video.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Final Cut Pro X user here..

EMBA Member
    Many years ago I bought a Pinnacle device called a Dazzle which converted old tapes to digital for storing in the computer. The device came with Pinnacle Studio 9 video editing software, I believe, which I used for a couple years. It was buggy but it did the job I needed done. My old slow computer at the time didn't help matters much. Since then I upgraded to Pinnacle Studio 11, the 14 and I now work in Studio 15. I thought 11 was a good product, and 15 works well for me. 14 was junk, in my opinion. I think 15 was really just 14 with the patches necessary to make it work properly. I now have a fast computer with plenty of ram, so at this point, everything works without a hitch, and I expect to continue using version 15 for quite a while. I understand the new version that Pinnacle calls Studio 16 is a very different product than 15 and before, so I can't speak to that version. Pinncale sold their older "Studio" line to Corel, so future support for 15 might be a little skechy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just purchase the Sony Studio 12, the reviews were very good so I'll see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Adobe After Effects and Premiere, CS5

mtbr member
    Adobe Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements.

If you keep an eye out for it, you can get them both for about $80ish. Not bad for what you can do with them.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Airborne Flight Crew
    Premiere CS6/After Effects CS6, and Sony Vegas. I've tried AVS, and too many other 'budget' programs. They work okay for most things, but always seems like there's a compromise in them somewhere - slow motion, render quality...

Agree - the elements versions of Adobe are a great, affordable way to go. Save some $$ and headache with them.

(took workshop in Final Cut X - slick program, if I had a mac, I'd probably use it)
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Adobe Premiere Elements 10. Does a pretty good job for me.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Has anyone tried using Blender? I've heard.. "interesting" stuff about it, but I don't have any experience with it.