Over 50, & not '2' tired

Good job! Single Track Mind

From this morning. Two mtbers joined me for a pretty good sized drop. One of them had a crash landing! he's ok.

Hope you enjoy and comment.

www.unigeezer.com
    "Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Always a good day when you post up a new helping of sweet unicycling!
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider
    Always a good day when you post up a new helping of sweet unicycling!
    Thanks man!
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Second guy on the bike could very well have been me...looks like the results of about 99% of the drops I do. Awesome video as always.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster
    Second guy on the bike could very well have been me...looks like the results of about 99% of the drops I do. Awesome video as always.
    haha, I was going to ask if I could try doing a drop on one of their bikes, but I didn't feel confident that I could do it, and didn't want to damage their bike..or myself in the process!
    www.unigeezer.com

No, that's not phonetic
    Awesome as usual. Though I do miss the zip line cam when they don't appear in your vids.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Awesome as usual. Though I do miss the zip line cam when they don't appear in your vids.
    Thanks. I'm planning a new video with my "uni-cable-cam". I've made about 15 videos featuring it, but the more videos I make with it, the more challenging it gets to make each one different enough that I'm not repeating myself.
    www.unigeezer.com

2006 Yeti AS-X
    If the trails are dry this coming weekend, I'll be testing out the cable cam myself.. It's all done ready to rock, just can't do it on a work day just aint enough time to fiddle with it and try to ride too.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    If the trails are dry this coming weekend, I'll be testing out the cable cam myself.. It's all done ready to rock, just can't do it on a work day just aint enough time to fiddle with it and try to ride too.
    Cool. Just beware of TICKS! They are out in force, and I've already found and removed TWO--one each on back to back rides at Sullivan! And I stayed mainly on the trail, only stopping to set up my camera. I plan on using picaridin from now on! It's as effective as DEET, but won't eat away gear, and is odorless.
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    awesome man! I would sooo kill myself on a uni!

Blue Pig
    2:05 I couldn't stop laughing... Feel bad for the rider who just wants to look good on cam and it's the opposite.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by unigeezer
    Cool. Just beware of TICKS! They are out in force, and I've already found and removed TWO--one each on back to back rides at Sullivan! And I stayed mainly on the trail, only stopping to set up my camera. I plan on using picaridin from now on! It's as effective as DEET, but won't eat away gear, and is odorless.
    Yeah, last year was bad for those little suckers. I had to literally stop every 5 minutes and pull a couple off. Sometimes, you get tons of the baby ones and they get all in your shoes and it's a pain to get them all out.

I normally use Deep Woods Off but I believe to the ticks that is like the Ice Cream Truck's jingle to kids.

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Yeah, last year was bad for those little suckers. I had to literally stop every 5 minutes and pull a couple off. Sometimes, you get tons of the baby ones and they get all in your shoes and it's a pain to get them all out.

I normally use Deep Woods Off but I believe to the ticks that is like the Ice Cream Truck's jingle to kids.
    In addition to Picaridin, I also suggest Permethrin! It is applied to your clothes and kills ticks as soon as they come in contact with it. I will spray it on my shoes, socks and leg guards. The Picaridin goes directly on your skin and is effective for 8 hours. Using that combination will keep the little bastards off for sure! But just in case, I now carry a set of pointed tweezers, bandaids and antiseptic spray.
    www.unigeezer.com

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by coop26
    awesome man! I would sooo kill myself on a uni!
    Thanks. Nah, you get hurt a lot less on a uni than you think. But most people do think that until they try it and realize it's not as bad as they thought.
    www.unigeezer.com

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Blksocks
    2:05 I couldn't stop laughing... Feel bad for the rider who just wants to look good on cam and it's the opposite.
    yeah I think he was going a bit too slow and pulled back too much.
    www.unigeezer.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Seeing you land on the drop made me cringe a little...that got to be a little boneshaking.

What happens when you come across a decent sized log across the trail? (one that's not ramped up)

I'd like to see a video of that!
    Chris

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle Nomad
    Seeing you land on the drop made me cringe a little...that got to be a little boneshaking.

What happens when you come across a decent sized log across the trail? (one that's not ramped up)

I'd like to see a video of that!
    Hop over it or at least onto it and then off it. Here's a compilation of the more technical trails that I ride and prefer. These are trails in Simi valley, Santa barbara, Poway, and others. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Q-0SGtYyE

And this compilation shows bigger drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO-VmJLh2Gk
    www.unigeezer.com