mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Roam2 different configs?

I have a Roam2 and want to be able to capture a road trip timelapse on a 2gb card then once I've arrived switch to ActionHD 720P but I have no access to a PC, is it possible to save the config on the SD card somehow?

mtbr member
    Yes, but you'll still need access to the SD card. Do you have a tablet that can take an SD card?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm taking an iPad to dump off the files too but I don't think I can do anything to the SD cards unless jailbroken?

mtbr member
    No idea. I'm pretty much the opposite of an Apple fanboi and won't own an apple product.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    hit up contour's forum... those guys there will be able to help you figure something out.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    A similar question got asked and they said no CONTOUR | Configuration Options on SD Card but i'm pretty sure this is to protect the extra features of the switch on the models up. There's a config file on the SD card which I was wondering if it's read at startup or if you use the reset button. I could have a 2gb card as timelapse with one config and a 32gb card with 720P footage but not sure it can be done.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzor Suzay View Post
    A similar question got asked and they said no CONTOUR | Configuration Options on SD Card but i'm pretty sure this is to protect the extra features of the switch on the models up. There's a config file on the SD card which I was wondering if it's read at startup or if you use the reset button. I could have a 2gb card as timelapse with one config and a 32gb card with 720P footage but not sure it can be done.
    well,.. try it if you have the 2 cards
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    OK, just tried it,.. doesn't work :/ tried resetting using the config app and also manually typed in the "FW_RTC.txt" file and it must be save on the cam's ram not on the SD card as it always used the last setting I set. one a 32 meg and one a 16 meg.. using a Contour HD1080 not a roam but I'm guessing they basic under formatting is the same.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I found this CONTOUR | Manually Edit Settings which might be the answer (can't test as I'm at work).

Theory is have camera on timelapse and 2gb card in the camera, use until done, then place 32gb card in camera with the modified file and Y option set, turn camera on and I'm guessing it reads it, the doc says "Then you MUST change the line near the top of the file from “Update:N” to “Update:Y” and save the file once more. If you don't, the changes will not take affect.

You may now disconnect the camera."

I doubt the camera constantly reads the file so presuming when you disconnect the camera it does a reset of sorts and reads the file updating it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    and maybe this confirms the theory and can switch back and forth my making the text file read only so the camera can't switch it to N
    Contour ROAM Model 1600

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    It does seem to work but Windows tends to say the card is corrupt after a few gos and do I want to repair but seems to carry on working regardless.