Grams Light Bikes

Review - Drift HD Ghost

Finally got the long winded review done: Review: Drift HD Ghost POV Camera | Mountain Bike Review

Anyone been using the Drift HD Ghost?

mtbr member

Review - Drift HD Ghost

I've been using it for two weeks only, i'm very happy with it.
    Easy to use, nice remote, for the usual needs in MTB the quality is fantastic.
    The less positive is the weight (on helmet mount), and the lack of mounts for MTB in the pack.
    Just bought the shoulder mount, i'll post something about it as soon as possible.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastajet View Post
    Finally got the long winded review done: Review: Drift HD Ghost POV Camera | Mountain Bike Review

Anyone been using the Drift HD Ghost?
    Great review!
    But the most important part about this cam on top of all its great features is that people wont look like goofy Teletubies while using it on their helmets.

mtbr member
    Agree.

mtbr member
    Anyone else figure out a good handlebar and/or better helmet mount. Just picked up one of these yesterday and am hoping to take it on a bigger ride this weekend...
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by alshead View Post
    Anyone else figure out a good handlebar and/or better helmet mount. Just picked up one of these yesterday and am hoping to take it on a bigger ride this weekend...
    Here is a picture of what I did (it's a Replay mount, but its the same sort of thing). Get a GoPro helmet mount and dremel things flat, and then use the Drift flat stick-on mount.

There handlebar mount works pretty decently Drift Camera Accessories | Drift Handlebar Mount | Drift Action Cameras

mtbr member
    Thanks. I'm kinda new to the video thing (and I can probably search other threads to find some other opinions), but aren't handlebar mounts preferred? It often seems like helmet shots are pretty bouncy?
    "There are two kinds of mountain bikers in the world: those who are faster than me, and me."

mtbr member
    Nice review, pj. Are there any mounts like Contour's flex straps? Or any alternatives?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    FWIW- had mine set up on the helmet and the POV is way too high. Makes steep, technical climbs look like flat roads. I'm going to experiment with frame or fork mounting it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    i just got a ghost and the handlebar mount results in a shaky image and rattling sound in the video. anybody else have similar issues and were able to fix them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee17 View Post
    i just got a ghost and the handlebar mount results in a shaky image and rattling sound in the video. anybody else have similar issues and were able to fix them?
    That's going to happen on any camera. Happens with my Contour. Even with a fork your handlebar is vibrating a lot more than you think.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass