mtbr member

Good job! Review $119 GoPro knock off

Its the camone Infinity!!!!!

Only 119 bucks of ebay and comes with 2 8gb micro sd cards and a variety of mounts.

I wanted a camera that could do chestie shot. Which is the best angle IMO.
    A friend at work told me about this deal so after a little research I went for it.

CamOne Infinity Waterproof HD 1080P Wearable Action Sports Helmet Video Camera on eBay!

The specs are comparable to the go pro white.

Camone 8mp camera gopro 5

All other specs are identical.

The big difference is that the cam one has a screen on the back that makes changing settings and getting good angles lined up very easy.

the camone also has a removable lens if you wanted a smaller FOV.

the battery lasted me about 2.5 hours left on with about 1 hr of video.
    there is an option to turn the screen off until you push a button. i had mine set for 30 sec but you could do 2 min or have it stay on... the cam its self also has an auto off feature but i didn't feel the need to use it.....

Lots of extras available on Amazon
    Amazon.com: camone

So how does it stack up????

Not so good one of the free SD cards was corrupted and prevented proper operation. Also i found the time lapse mode has issues if you program it to save files in 30 min chunks. i set it to 5 min and had no issues. Ill also be buying a better SD card that might help with that.

I like the cam alot and while it may not be as nice as a gopro black, it is a third the cost.

Comparing it to the white, its a no brainier the camone is $80 cheaper takes better pics has a screen and you can buy different lenses for it. The camera and the included underwater housing also have tripod mounts.

Heres a video I made with no color or other sorts of enhancements

mtbr member
    Not bad for $120. I don't know if I would use it underwater but for biking not shabby

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    looks sweet... where was it mounted in the forward views? helmet or chest? oh wait just saw it on the helmet in the shadow LOL I like the contour profile better for mounting as the "gopro style ones stick out all over the place and we have low hanging trees here.. but always wanted a chest mount as I think it's one of the better locations/views.. this looks like it might be an option .... looks cool
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    looks sweet... where was it mounted in the forward views? helmet or chest? oh wait just saw it on the helmet in the shadow LOL I like the contour profile better for mounting as the "gopro style ones stick out all over the place and we have low hanging trees here.. but always wanted a chest mount as I think it's one of the better locations/views.. this looks like it might be an option .... looks cool

I have the chest mount on order. Its the best angle to record your own riding IMO. I think ill buy a narrow lens and use the helmet cam to record riders in front of me.

The cam will taste water soon. Me and the wife a history of droping cams in hot springs and leaving them out in the rain. A tip i heard is to put veg oil or vasaline on the rubber seal.

Loves to suffer
    Do you have a video without all the original audio removed and replaced with music? I would like to know how the sound is on this camera. Helmet or chest mounts are the best for testing sound. Handlebar/other bike mounts pick up much more noise from vibration.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrainuphill View Post
    Do you have a video without all the original audio removed and replaced with music? I would like to know how the sound is on this camera. Helmet or chest mounts are the best for testing sound. Handlebar/other bike mounts pick up much more noise from vibration.
    The sound on the camera sucks... heres a vid with just the cam sound

mtbr member
    //www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSiQRDXrIrM