mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Quick questions before I pull the trigger Sony AS15

Looking to get my first POV camera and for the past month I have seen many videos Sony vs GoPro.
    At first i thought I would get the GoPro white for the price and the mounts they have but now with a price drop of $70 how can i go wrong with Sony...
    Anybody make a adapter for the Sony so that it can be used on the GP mounts?
    For GoPro and the Holidays coming up do you think we will see a price drop like Sony??

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    not sure about the mount adapter, im sure somone could fabricate somthing,
    now forgive me if i am wrong here, but isnt there a newer model of the sony out or due out, couldnt this explain the price drop...

just had a quick look on google, as30 model been released.

mtbr member
    I wouldnt expect a big drop on gopro prices, I think last christmas the only deal was on boxing day. Thats when I picked mine up. I think it was 350 for the silver with chesty and a spare battery.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks Guys
    found this K-EDGE GO BIG Universal Adapter then I could use the GP mounts....

mtbr member
    I dont know how many mounts It will work well with. Some of my favourites are the chest mount and the head strap. Because of the Sony's shape these mounts wont work. Just my opinion, I dont know the equivlent mounts for the action cam.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by XC Mike View Post
    Thanks Guys
    found this K-EDGE GO BIG Universal Adapter then I could use the GP mounts....
    I bought a different one and have yet to use it on my Sony, I just used mounts designed for the standard 1/4x20 mount. The mount/adapter you showed goes the wong way. The adapter I have has a 1/4x20 thread knob on one end, and the two finger gopro tabs on the other. The adapter pictured is the three finger which is the non camera side usually so it wouldn't work too well to adapt the Sony to GP mounts.
    For the price I'd say the AS15 is pretty good. The 30 I'm not so sure about. Imager stays the same, you just get dodads like GPS and fixing a few features that should have been in the original. And the price is up there with the GP Silver.

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Taroroot View Post
    I bought a different one and have yet to use it on my Sony, I just used mounts designed for the standard 1/4x20 mount. The mount/adapter you showed goes the wong way. The adapter I have has a 1/4x20 thread knob on one end, and the two finger gopro tabs on the other. The adapter pictured is the three finger which is the non camera side usually so it wouldn't work too well to adapt the Sony to GP mounts.
    For the price I'd say the AS15 is pretty good. The 30 I'm not so sure about. Imager stays the same, you just get dodads like GPS and fixing a few features that should have been in the original. And the price is up there with the GP Silver.
    the other difference between the as15 and as30 is the as15 only takes 2 megs for stills and the as30 is 11 megs for stills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I carry a separate camera for still so never used the action cams for stills, except for timelapse stuff, so it's not much of a factor for me.