mtbr member

Preferred Mounting Spot

I have yet to take my camera on my bike and am looking at some bike mounts to buy. But wanted to get some opinions on where people like to mount their cameras while their riding. Was just thinking of putting one on my helmet, but honestly, when I know I'll be in the middle of nowhere just cruising on flat land (which means I'm fishing), then I don't even wear one.

mtbr member
    I mount mine alongside the head tube. It seems to give a great perspective and pretty accurately shows terrain and steepness of the trails.

www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Definitely going to try that. Seems like a good spot, although I was thinking of it more towards the water bottle cage area. Not sure what the perspective would be from there.

mtbr member
    Forgot to mention I have the advantage of the Lefty, which keeps the cables routed to the left side, too, giving me a clear view forward.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Not to pimp my vids but if you wanted to see what a mount from where the bottle cage would be looks like, I mount my GoPro around that area and in the video you will get a general idea of what it would look like.

I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
    Not to pimp my vids but if you wanted to see what a mount from where the bottle cage would be looks like, I mount my GoPro around that area and in the video you will get a general idea of what it would look like.
    doesn't the GoPro get wacked by your legs there?

(PS, love your quote on the bottom... !! )
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
    I have yet to take my camera on my bike and am looking at some bike mounts to buy. But wanted to get some opinions on where people like to mount their cameras while their riding. Was just thinking of putting one on my helmet, but honestly, when I know I'll be in the middle of nowhere just cruising on flat land (which means I'm fishing), then I don't even wear one.
    it depends on which cam you have... the goPro's I think have the best view from the chest mount... contours and Drift's are better mounted up at the head tube... nice to switch it up and flip to a rear view off the seat tube also once in a while as well as sticking it on a tripod or a tree and get a by pass view now and then,,,
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomllama View Post
    ... nice to switch it up and flip to a rear view off the seat tube also once in a while as well as sticking it on a tripod or a tree and get a by pass view now and then,,,
    +1

I use a gopro.

If I'm actually trying to put a vid together, I'll try to use several different mount positions to keep it more interesting.

If I'm just planning to record the ride in case something particularly interesting happens, I'll use the chest mount which I think gives the best general view of what's going on.