Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 381
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ihaveagibsonsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    963

    Post your crashes, no shame here.

    I am not ashamed to post my first crash.....after having my gopro2 for less than 24 hours. I sprained my middle finger on my right hand which is problem some considering I teach/play guitar for a living. The camera doesn't capture the height of the fall, but these are big chunky rocks I'm falling from and I ride a 29er. I probably had a good 8-10 ft for my head to go to hit the ground. I scratched my lens already but thank god the replacements are dirt cheap.


  2. #2
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,205
    LOl why did you turn your bars? Your line looked just fine haha should of just blasted thru that.. Ive busted my ass a few times as well on stupid little things besides tacoing a wheel on a jump .

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ihaveagibsonsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    LOl why did you turn your bars? Your line looked just fine haha should of just blasted thru that.. Ive busted my ass a few times as well on stupid little things besides tacoing a wheel on a jump .
    Yep it was dumb and its easy to rewatch it and see why I fell. It looks mild on video, but here's a picture of it with out moving.

    Photobucket

  4. #4
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,985
    Nice crash dude!!! i did something similar but didn't have the cam going at the time..

    REALLY wish i had as some how I got right foot stuck between the frame and the front tire and left foot twisted around so I couldn't unclip... I was laughing cause I couldn't get out with out butt walking off to the side of the rocks so i could untwist the bike.. would have been an AWESOME funny vid

  5. #5
    2006 Yeti AS-X
    Reputation: Lawson Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,673
    My cousin crashing last year on the Lawrence River Trail.

    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ihaveagibsonsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider View Post
    My cousin crashing last year on the Lawrence River Trail.

    holy crap that is a long stem!!! weird lookin bars for mountain riding too but to each his own.

  7. #7
    2006 Yeti AS-X
    Reputation: Lawson Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    holy crap that is a long stem!!! weird lookin bars for mountain riding too but to each his own.
    That used to be my bike but sold it to my cousin after my Yeti was finished. It was a large frame bike which I thought was my size but I found a medium was more my fit. I don't know how often he rides so not sure if/when he plans to customize the bike for his fit.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: muddywings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    645

    here you go

    a few minutes in but there are two of them:


  9. #9
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,985
    nice crashing the Muddy....



    I think this is going to be my all time favorite thread

  10. #10
    MTB Owner
    Reputation: C-Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    94
    llama:
    You are a sick sadistic MF'r.
    Where's the sympathy huh?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BuiltforSin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveagibsonsg View Post
    I am not ashamed to post my first crash.....after having my gopro2 for less than 24 hours. I sprained my middle finger on my right hand which is problem some considering I teach/play guitar for a living. The camera doesn't capture the height of the fall, but these are big chunky rocks I'm falling from and I ride a 29er. I probably had a good 8-10 ft for my head to go to hit the ground. I scratched my lens already but thank god the replacements are dirt cheap.

    That looked painful.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ihaveagibsonsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
    That looked painful.
    I broke my middle finger....and I play guitar for a living. There's videos of me playing guitar on my channel too. Fortunately it's on my right hand and I don't finger pick much so I'm in the clear.


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    103
    I can easily take over this forum with my crash videos, but here is a favorite of mine:



    And this one too:


  14. #14
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rock View Post
    llama:
    You are a sick sadistic MF'r.
    Where's the sympathy huh?
    It's only cool when they get up, brush off, then you can make fun of them Serious injuries aren't funny


    Nice vids there GregD.. like that first one.... just don't get why he/you didn't.. ummm well ....turn? LOLOLOLL

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    210

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    103
    Nice vids there GregD.. like that first one.... just don't get why he/you didn't.. ummm well ....turn? LOLOLOLL
    If you look closely, there is a small board on the stump I was trying to jump. I had done it a few times before, but this time it moved.

  17. #17
    Hermit
    Reputation: swampboy62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    "I can't carry you out and I'm not leaving my bike here."

    Classic.

    Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

    My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    102

    Some crashes from 2011.

    [IMG][/IMG]

  19. #19
    Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Reputation: thomllama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,985
    this is an old one of my friend Steve trying a tad of rock gardening..

    Steve @ Hartman Park, CT - YouTube

    for some reason I can't embed the video..

  20. #20
    C.L.I.M.B.er
    Reputation: AMPanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    16
    I've NEVER seen anyone "drop a step-down" SEATED.(Greg D.)
    maybe I'm doing it wrong.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by AMPanator View Post
    I've NEVER seen anyone "drop a step-down" SEATED.(Greg D.)
    maybe I'm doing it wrong.
    Not sure what you mean?

  22. #22
    ride all day
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    147
    The picture makes the section look a lot harder than the video.

  23. #23
    re member
    Reputation: net wurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    7,268
    Great thread idea!

    Here's one of my recent OTB experiences. I was riding "up on the bars" for a split-second, and thought maybe I could somehow save it....nope!

    Over the bars on Bluffline from Clay Morgan on Vimeo.

    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Great thread idea!

    Here's one of my recent OTB experiences. I was riding "up on the bars" for a split-second, and thought maybe I could somehow save it....nope!
    That Hammy is even louder mic'ed up! Cool crash angle

  25. #25
    Hic-A-Doo-La!
    Reputation: Cobretti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    948
    just a little biff


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •