2006 Yeti AS-X

Plunked down some dough for an HD GoPro!

Got the GoPro HD Hero with all the accessories today...Been wanting one of those for a while now and went ahead and made the plunge. Be interesting to see what kind of vantage points I can muster up on the rides.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Nice, I actually purchased one today also. I got mine from REI, 100% satisfaction guaranteed or money back. Plus I am a member and get 10% back at the end of the year from all my purchases. I am excited to get it out and use/try it out. From all the sample videos I have watched it seems like we made a good choice, we will see.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo.
    Nice, I actually purchased one today also. I got mine from REI, 100% satisfaction guaranteed or money back. Plus I am a member and get 10% back at the end of the year from all my purchases. I am excited to get it out and use/try it out. From all the sample videos I have watched it seems like we made a good choice, we will see.
    It should be good.. 720 @ 30/60fps 1080 @ 30fps. My existing camera only does 720 @ 30 fps which is ok...

The main three reasons I wanted this camera over what I have are:

1) Mounts - I won't have to fabricate my own mounts (I have done it - some turned out ok while others didn't last but a few rides).

2) Still pictures - It's only 5MP but I can set it to keep taking pics until I tell it to stop. My existing camera even though it is a 12MP and takes pretty nice stills - You set it to a 5 pic burst and you only had 10 seconds to run, get on the bike, and hope you made it in time to get the shot. It was a huge pain.

3) Better HD Video - Self explanatory.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider
    Got the GoPro HD Hero with all the accessories today...Been wanting one of those for a while now and went ahead and made the plunge. Be interesting to see what kind of vantage points I can muster up on the rides.

Ok, it's been 4 days...where are the vids?

Matt
    I should be out riding....

2006 Yeti AS-X
    LOL. Just came in today after I left for work. I will post up some test videos on the neighborhood streets but it will be a long time before I can post up trail shots - We have a ton of snow meltage on our trails and I fear they will be goo for a while to come.

mtbr member
    I am going to Rays indoor MTB this weekend. I am taking the go pro hd. Check this place out, it is pretty cool. Link Here

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Evo.
    I am going to Rays indoor MTB this weekend. I am taking the go pro hd. Check this place out, it is pretty cool. Link Here
    Never had the luxury of riding at Ray's but it's on my list of places to ride. I can just imagine all the fun it woudl be. If I lived closer to Cleveland, I'd hit it up but 830 miles is a long haul and I can only afford to make one trip this year. I am thinking of going to Arizona to ride up some 50 year trail and such.

Look forward to seeing the vids and pics!

mtbr member

Rays MTB Trip

Went to Rays Indoor MTB yesterday and it was a blast. This was our second trip, we went last year during winter.

I am only posting 3 videos that have not been edited. I have not found a video editing software for mp4 yet. I tired converting the files to .avi then editing and then converting back to mp4 and the quality was awful. So mute your speakers and enjoy.

from on Vimeo.

Untitled from on Vimeo.

Untitled from on Vimeo.

TheGoat
    Nice vids Evo. Being able to edit them together will be nice. Should be a good tool to have for rides this season and for the trip to SnowShoe.