mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Pinnacle for IPad any users?

Hey,

Anyone using Pinnacle for Ipad, and importing from Camera to Ipad via a USB or Card reader?

Check here for Link

Looking for a neat small portable set up with my contour HD and Ipad, this looks OK.

I only need it for basic editing duties while on the run. The major question is will it accept 1080p on the ipad, in format from the Contour HD.

If anyone has any experience, let me know
    Defcon Cycles - Brisbane Australia

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Update

OK, I have had a play with Pinnacle for ipad.

I must say, that its quite good.

I am yet to grab a card/usb reader for my ipad, so am still using a cpu to get files from the camera to itunes to the ipad, heres my experiences so far.

Camera Used - Contour HD 1080p
    Ipad - 4/retina display
    Pinnacle for ipad.

The great thing re the pinnnacle for ipad is that it does recognise the raw-straight from camera .mov format. I also tried with a file re-name to file format, .m4v and also worked and read the file no problem.

So its a nice and simple download footage from camera - copy file to itunes movie folder on the system, hook up ipad and drag the file into the ipad. File transfer complete.

The file sits in the movies App on the ipad, and when you open up pinnacle and start a new project, it asks you to re-build the media library, and then your uploaded files/footage will appear in the library ready to drag into the storyboard.

The touch/drag on the ipad is quite good and very intuitive for editing

My summary so far is that its very easy to use, and i have a card reader on the way, so am hoping that i will be able to bypass the cpu all together very shortly.

The output options are to shoot it straight to BOX.net youtube upload, export to camera roll, facebook, email. It also supports 1080p Export.

One thing, is to be carefull to keep a clean workspace and remove files after they have been used or the ipad will be full real quick.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by stu44 View Post
    OK, I have had a play with Pinnacle for ipad.

I must say, that its quite good.

I am yet to grab a card/usb reader for my ipad, so am still using a cpu to get files from the camera to itunes to the ipad, heres my experiences so far.

Camera Used - Contour HD 1080p
    Ipad - 4/retina display
    Pinnacle for ipad.

The great thing re the pinnnacle for ipad is that it does recognise the raw-straight from camera .mov format. I also tried with a file re-name to file format, .m4v and also worked and read the file no problem.

So its a nice and simple download footage from camera - copy file to itunes movie folder on the system, hook up ipad and drag the file into the ipad. File transfer complete.

The file sits in the movies App on the ipad, and when you open up pinnacle and start a new project, it asks you to re-build the media library, and then your uploaded files/footage will appear in the library ready to drag into the storyboard.

The touch/drag on the ipad is quite good and very intuitive for editing

My summary so far is that its very easy to use, and i have a card reader on the way, so am hoping that i will be able to bypass the cpu all together very shortly.

The output options are to shoot it straight to BOX.net youtube upload, export to camera roll, facebook, email. It also supports 1080p Export.

One thing, is to be carefull to keep a clean workspace and remove files after they have been used or the ipad will be full real quick.
    Is the the app by Corel?

I have been looking for a decent vid edit app. Not thrilled with iMovie for iPad.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Is the the app by Corel?

I have been looking for a decent vid edit app. Not thrilled with iMovie for iPad.
    Yup, By Corel,

I have used imovie on the iphone and ipad for quite a few edits, and i like pinnacle better.