mtbr member

Patapsco MTB video

Hey guys, I thought I'd share my video of Patapsco State Park (avalon area) here in Maryland, great trails!

mtbr member
    Hey man nice vid. I ride Patapsco a good bit too. I'm new in the forum and I just picked up a Go Pro Hero 3 and I was looking for suggestions on mounting it for MTB for the first time....looks like you have the chest mount? The video quality is pretty good- do you think that's the best way to go? And did you get yours from Go Pro? Thanks!

mtbr member
    I find roots and rocks here in our area to make video really shaky, I prefer the chest mount because that's probably the area of my body that doesn't shake as much as my head, I also have a handlebar mount, that I like to put on the seat post facing back, pretty good video with it too, specially if someone is following you. I got the chesty from Ebay for $40 (S$H included), but it's the original one.

Oh also, I mounted the camera upside down on the chesty, and tilted up a bit, that way you get more video of the scenery, rather than your bike.

mtbr member
    Okay cool. Thanks for the advice. I've seen a lot of them on the seat post...is that an actual seat post mount or just one of the adhesive's it came with and did you buy extras of those? Any beginners tips would be a great help (what res/fps to shoot in)...I'm really stoked to shoot some video but kind of over whelmed with all of the options I have...thanks again.

mtbr member
    This is the mount, its actually screw on, costs about $20...

Video Settings: 720p @60fps / Upside down mode due to mounting direction / PROTUNE ON (black edition only)

I use Adobe Premiere CS6, twixtor plugin for slow-mo, RGB Curves color correction, also adjusted Brightness and Contrast (If you don't want to deal with that stuff, just turn off protune).

Settings are always user preferred, I find myself having a faster turn out when editing in 720p, due to not having enough resources in my computer.

mtbr member
    Perfect thanks! Let me know if you ever want to ride. Always down to ride Arundel, Rosaryville, Patapsco, etc. Also, if you haven't been yet, I highly recommend checking out the Baltimore Bike Party on the last Friday of every month (4/26 this month) at 7 at the Washington Monument....pure madness.

mtbr member
    Cool man, sounds like fun, will do.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    cool vid...

It's sweet when 2 or more people ride together and mount the cams in diff places.. then share the footage and each makes a diff vid.. was doing that with a friend till he lost his

if ya got a server where you both can upload/download/FTP the files it makes it more fun.. surprising what 2 people with the same footage with come out with 2 totally diff vids..

have fun guys.. looking forward to more shots
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    I tried making this video look just as if it were multiple cameras in some parts, but it was only one lol. I have a buddy as well that lets me borrow his from time to time, and its true, its cooler with more camera angles.
    Last edited by Kemc2k6; 04-19-2013 at 01:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Great vid. I used to ride Patapsco quite a bit when I used to live there about 10 years ago...brought back a lot of good memories.

mtbr member
    Great vid! If you would have asked me a few months ago if I ever wanted a Gopro I would have said I'm not interested. Now I must say, it's a lot of fun!!!

What did you use to make your intro? I haven't settled on an editing program yet. Did my first two with Movie Maker. It was really easy to use but lacking features I wanted. I downloaded Cyberlink and have been tinkering with it, but think I may want to check our the adobe product.

mtbr member
    For awesome title sequences, Adobe After Effects is the way to go , many free templates available to download from youtube and other places, also check out videocopilot.net for great tutorials on learning more of the software.

mtbr member
    You are a brave man to keep your phone right there. I could see one crash taking that thing out

mtbr member
    Hey guys. Testing my Go Pro before riding tomorrow. Got the camera and settings no prob and took some videos but is there a way to import your videos into the GoPro editor without the Bac Pac? Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    May have forgot the software update actually....trying that now

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Bud View Post
    You are a brave man to keep your phone right there. I could see one crash taking that thing out
    LOL it is scary, but my handle bar is curved in the middle, the only way I see my phone taking damage, is if I fall into a deep river haha

As for the video import, I do it by taking out the SD card and putting in my computer.