mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Newbie with a Hero3+ Silver

Ok Guys New to POV cameras quick question what is the best shooting mode for the + Silver?
    I downloaded the App and I'm trying to setup the camera before taking it out for it's first ride....
    fyi I will be using the roll bar mount and seat post etc etc....

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by XC Mike View Post
    Ok Guys New to POV cameras quick question what is the best shooting mode for the + Silver?
    I downloaded the App and I'm trying to setup the camera before taking it out for it's first ride....
    fyi I will be using the roll bar mount and seat post etc etc....
    The best shooting mode depends how many variables:

1) How much recording do you plan to do at one time.
    2) Size of your card.
    3) The intended audience of your video.
    4) Computer you have to edit and compile your video.
    5) Do you want slow motion captures? --only applicable for external shots - I guess if you pulled something gnarly on a POV capture you could theoretically slow mo - but most slow mo's are done external POV.

The higher the resolution and frame rate, the more space your video is going to take and also the higher your resolution and frame rate, the more demand on your computer the editing will make. I have a Core i5 laptop with 4GB memory and 720p @ 60fps can bog it down from time to time if I dump alot of videos into the editor.

Youtube supports both 720p and 1080p but to be honest... When it comes down to it, try both 720p and 1080p and use the one that you find easiest to work with.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks Lawson to start with it's going on a Tandem and I am going out with the GF and my daughter.
    I want to try a few mounting spots just to get a idea on the best place to mount.
    I also want to watch the fork and to keep a eye on the GF to make sure she keeps pedaling lol....
    I had BestBuy price match GoPro web site deal for the camera and the SanDisk Extreme 32GB and as far as the pc goes need to get back with you on that.
    My brother just got a new pc and I'm still trying to learn it and I don't know much about them...
    After I get some riding in I will get the editing downloaded and start playing with that.
    So is it better to make shorter videos over long videos?

Thanks Mike

Front Range, Colorado
    Hey Mike I recently bought the same camera. Then went and bought the same 32 disk at Best Buy and a handlebar mount. I've filmed 30 vids already and have never ran out of space or the battery drained. When I download I always erase it off the disk so it's ready for the next shoot. All my setting are the same from the factory and I have yet to want to change them. I posted a couple vids in a GoPro thread in this forum just a minute ago if you want to check them out.

This thread... Some GoPro Videos of Recent Rides
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Downloaded the GoPro editing software and trying to upload my first video to YouTube.
    The video was recorded at 1080/60 and from what I see it's going to take almost two hours just for a 5 min video is this right??
    I was playing with the templates from GoPro just to get my feet wet so I did keep it simple.

Now for the pc spec's
    Dual core 3.0 ghz
    4gb ram
    500 gb hard drive

Also if anyone has a good how to use the GoPro editing shoot me the link
    Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Dont have a GoPro but when I upload HD 1080 stuff to Youtube it usually takes a good amount of time. Sounds close to right for me as well at the 5 minute mark.

Just hope you dont get stuck in the processing stage