mtbr member

New Go Pro issues

Picked up a new Go Pro camera ( the 1080) yesterday and I am having some issues setting it up. I
    After reading the manual (for what that is worth) I have figured out it is set in the one button mode, which means the instant you turn it on it is recording. I don't want it set that way. So, the manual says to keep pressing the power/mode button repeatedly until you get the SEt icon. I must have hit that button 200 times on numerous tries and I get nothing. I noted that there was a firmware update, so I downloaded that and attempted to install it. Because the minute you turn the camera on it is recording, it apparently won't install the firmware update. I am rather upset with this thing now and am thinking it is going back to Best Buy tomorrow. I have sent a support request to Go Pro but, in the meantime I am not happy. Anyone else have problems like this?

mtbr member
    I had called customer support and was told that they were closed. But my email request was replyed to in a short amount of time and I was given the information I needed to rectify my issues. I was extremly happy with the quickness of the response and that the information provided resolved my problems immediately. Something I am not used to. Maybe this will be a good relationship despite my initial misgivings.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Had mine stuck in one button mode once. If I remember correctly, you are supposed to hold the shutter button for 3 seconds in one button mode to bring up the settings menu.

mtbr dismember

New GoPro camera out

Perhaps somebody else has posted this. But there is a new GoPro camera out. Details here.