Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Apr 2011

New Contour+2 camera

Contour have announced a new camera called the Contour+2 which basically takes all the good bits from the Contour ROAM and Contour+ cameras and puts them all in to one neat package. We always felt that the Contour+, which is now discontinued, was a really great camera but it was a bit overpriced. The new Contour+2 is $100 cheaper than the old version plus it comes with a waterproof housing which would normally cost another $40 - way to go Contour!

All the stuff like bluetooth, GPS, 170 degree rotating lens, HDMI output, mic input, etc remain with the Contour+2. The two cool features that they've brought across from the Contour ROAM are the built in 1/4 tripod mount and "one step recording" which removes the need for you to power the camera up/down prior to starting the recording. You just slide the switch on the top forward and the camera powers up and starts recording.

It'll be interesting to see how the Contour+2 stacks up against the GoPro Hero2 and the Sony Action Cam.
    Matt Fitzhardinge
    Launch Helmet Cams
    We'll beat any online price for mtbr.com members!

psycho cyclo addict
    I noticed it when I logged in on the contour.com site today. I purchased a ROAM from Amazon last December for ~$74.00 (thanks to whomever posted that in the MTBR deals section that day!). I've been exceptionally happy with it. Had a couple of ugly endo's early on due to messing with it at inopportune times. I'm all better now at leaving it the heck alone while hard cornering, traveling on trails at high speed, bombing downhill, etc.

MC MasterShake
    This camera has peeked my interest. I had a Contour Roam for a season and then I went with the GP2. It's funny because I barely use the GP2 anymore despite it taking way better video. It just seems to be a bit PITA to do anything with the GP2. With the Roam I just slid the camera on my helmet was ready to go. With the GP2 I gotta fuss with the mounts, deal with the LCD backpack, make sure it's on the right setting and no matter what I do I end up screwing up and leaving it on during the climbs and then not having power for the the real riding. I'm gonna sell that thing and get either this one or the Sony one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Looks like it should be an awesome camera.
    I think it's time to upgrade from my current ContourHD to a +2 when it's released.

Just a shame that they're so expensive in the UK, 380 when I checked