mtbr member
    May 2011

my first review of anything ever hehe (canfield one)

Canfield Brothers
    Nice, glad your loving it.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    cool vid and good review....
    how are you likeing the one.... how do you find it on tight twisty technical trails. does the long wheel base have any negative effects on these type of trails.
    sorry for all the questions, im looking at getting a the one frame myself, and want to be sure its the bike for me before i drop the cash on it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The bike is very fast and agile. The narrower bars for me 710mm were a big win.

People said too narrow but I was right in my opinion.

Previous to this I was riding a 42 lbs jedi with 780mm bars down the tight technical trails. I am way faster on the one. Like 15 seconds on a 2 minutes run.

The one in 7 inch mode with the 710 bars is much faster through the tight stuff.

I don't really think there will be any bikes significantly faster its just up to rider skill when you get a nice bike like the one.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ill give you an example check this trail

First Crack Video - Pinkbike

its very twisty, rutted, has rock garden, VERY steep (some parts are 28 degrees), tough trail.

The rider in the video is a good rider, I ride with him, he is better than me (he is on full DH in that video).

Fastest time I could ever manage on there on DH bike was about 2 minutes.

First run I did on the new one since I have been pushing it since i did the review, I got 1 min 48, which is a pretty decent time for an amateur rider, for me spectacular. (i'm slightly faster than riders run in that video).

And I think I can still go quite a bit faster, certainly into the 1min 30s

so to answer your question the bike is very fast at steep tight technical trails. not my opinion, the numbers say so.

like I said in review, bike is good at everything. seems to be no weakness.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ceers for your reply...... its making me want one even more.... think im gonna email them to see if i can get one here in the uk.