mtbr member
    Apr 2006

My Custom GoPro Pelican Case Setup

I searched the internet in an attempt to find pictures of Pelican Cases that had been setup to carry GoPro equipment and I only found a few examples so I thought I would post my setup in-case anyone else is interested in attempting the same thing. I originally purchased the Pelican 1450 case from Academy but it was to big and bulky. I wanted a case big enough to fit all of the camera accessories but small enough that I could pack it into luggage for plane trips. The Pelican 1400 case fit the bill perfectly. Working with the pick-n-pluck foam is easy once you understand that the little blocks are actually columns of foam and not cubes. You need to pull out the full depth of the foam for the cut-out and then cut it down to size vertically with a knife and re-insert the foam block to get your object at the desired height in the case.

I left open the possibility to expand the cable slot area and add another spare battery. In addition, I left an extra row of foam to the right of the HD Skeleton Housing so the glass on the Diving Housing could be accommodated in the future. If you have an object that stretches the dimensions of the removed foam you really want to leave two rows of blocks around that object to reinforce the area. Surprisingly most of the GoPro equipment fit inside the removed foam perfectly. Only the Car Charger and the Wifi Remote really stretched the foam slots they were assigned.

Pelican 1400 Case Contents:
    Battery BacPac
    Wifi BacPac & Remote
    LCD BacPac
    Wall Charger
    Car Charger
    Spare Battery
    Lens Replacement Kit + Screw Driver (Located in blue ear plug container)
    Anti-fog Inserts (Located behind top foam in plastic bag attached with Velcro to lid)
    All BacPac Lids + Both Stock Lids
    2EA USB Cables Long, 1EA Composite Cable, & WiFi Remote Charger Cable + Wrist Strap
    All Plastic Elbow Mounts, Thumb Screws, and Handlebar Mount
    HD Skeleton Housing (I left an extra row of foam to the right of the HD Skeleton Housing so I could fit the Dive Housing in the future if needed)
    GoPro HD Hero2

Pelican 1200 Case Contents:
    Chest Harness
    Suction Cup Mount
    Helmet Mount
    WamBam GoPro Case
    HDMI GoPro Cable (Could not fit inside 1400 case cable slot because the cable was too stiff to bend)

GoPro-Pelican-Case-2

GoPro-Pelican-Case
    Last edited by Blk02; 08-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.

ride all day
    Sep 2011
    Awesome thanks for sharing

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

New Hero3 Case by WamBam

Guys,

Great news! As of yesterday we released our new Buffa3 case for Hero3 cameras. The case fits with an optional BacPac attachment, and has storage for SD cards and the wifi remote!

Here is a link to our new GoPro Hero3 Case