There seems to be a lot of guys who know their stuff on this forum and I need help sourcing a solid editing programme that can work with multiple formats.
I have old footage that was taken with a JVC mini DV which broke after six months. I invested in U lead which I have always had trouble running on my laptop. Last year I picked up a Sanyo Xacti to see if I would take filming and editing seriously enough before investing in a more expensive camera but the format is MP4 and Ulead cannot run this format. Premiere elements which was supplied with the Sanyo doesnt run correctly either and doesnt even recognise I have the camera connected, so it seems I just cannot get any programmes to run smoothly and work with all my devices formats.
I am looking into a GoPro HD and if I get the editing part sorted and produce some solid clips then I would like to invest in a new Cannon too.
I am no computer genius and I have just cleaned up my laptop to see where I at with all my footage and try see if I can get some updates and patches for Ulead and Premier elements.
I would like a solid programme with nice features and I need to see if I can import or source localy in South Korea.
Any tips would be appreciated.