youtube.com/quik564

MTB Florida | Amelia Earhart Park in HD

Highlights of Amelia Earhart Mountain Bike Park in Hialeah, FL. Trails include: Trick or Treat, Camel Hump, Coffee Trail, Chupacabra, Lil Razorback, Kitty Cat, Hammonator Bridge, Key Biscayne, and Sand Bowl. Filmed with the GoPro HD at 960p resolution.

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

I win.
    Cool I've never even heard of this park before.

I'm in Orlando and frequent Carter Rd, Santos, and Alafia and was wondering if you considered it worth the trip to go check out these trails? I've really been meaning to go check out what south FL has to offer.

Also how far away from Markham park is it? Would it make a good weekend adventure to maybe do Amelia and then Markham the next day? Also any camping advice would be great.

Thanks bud!

Great vid by the way really enjoyed it!
    09 Giant Anthem X3
    07 IBEX Trophy Comp X7

youtube.com/quik564
    Quote Originally Posted by Popper252
    Cool I've never even heard of this park before.

I'm in Orlando and frequent Carter Rd, Santos, and Alafia and was wondering if you considered it worth the trip to go check out these trails? I've really been meaning to go check out what south FL has to offer.

Also how far away from Markham park is it? Would it make a good weekend adventure to maybe do Amelia and then Markham the next day? Also any camping advice would be great.

Thanks bud!

Great vid by the way really enjoyed it!
    Thanks!! I've ridden Santos, but a longgg time ago when I lived in FL. It was great at that time, so I imagine it's still great. Markham is awesome, Google map the directions... they are not that far. I'd recommend Oleta too. Check out the recent vid I made for Oleta too...

mtbr member
    Didnt this used to be Quite Waters that was closed down after the being nearly destroyed by a hurricane. If it is I am stoked that is reopened and will be going back next time I go south Fl.
    LIVE TO RIDE - RIDE TO LIVE

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Idriver
    Didnt this used to be Quite Waters that was closed down after the being nearly destroyed by a hurricane. If it is I am stoked that is reopened and will be going back next time I go south Fl.
    no, Amelia is a separate park. Quiet Waters has re-opened mtb trails, but nothing like the old ones.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    A great video and a really fun place to ride. I just discovered Amelia a couple of weeks ago and have been going there a few times a week now.