Over 50, & not '2' tired

Good job! Mountain Unicycling at Cold Springs, Santa Barbara, CA

What a fun day!!! 200 miles of driving, to ride one of the best trails in SoCal, and maybe one of the best in the US!

At the end of the video is a clip of me falling over an almost vertical embankment! First my Muni went over, then I tried to grab it, at which point I went into an an uncontrolled almost-free fall, desperately grasping at anything to slow me down, but it was totally useless! It had to be a good 100 feet down! It had to be nearly this steep: /

You can actually hear the sounds of me falling, for what seems like an eternity! Luckily, I didn't hit any rocks on the way down, or end up mangled on some rock-filled ravine! It took me nearly 20 minutes to climb back up!

Anyway, hope you enjoy. I must admit this time I rode a lot more than I filmed, but it should still give you a pretty good idea of the trail, both in technical and scenic terms.

Cheers!

www.unigeezer.com
    "Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Dude you are totally insane!!! That trail looks awesome and unrideable on a regular mountain bike at some spots!! You are so lucky that you didn't die out there falling, falling, falling, on that steep cliff / !!! great video!!

Team Fearless Descender
    As always, some amazing skills, great trails, and super video!
    "...when your ride is nearly over, it seems to have lasted but an instant..."

Stuff

Over 50, & not '2' tired
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkerkonadawgdeluxepaul
    Dude you are totally insane!!! That trail looks awesome and unrideable on a regular mountain bike at some spots!! You are so lucky that you didn't die out there falling, falling, falling, on that steep cliff / !!! great video!!
    Lucky indeed! I saw a few mtbers out there and some were bombing it so fast it was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by El Salt
    As always, some amazing skills, great trails, and super video!
    Thanks man!
    www.unigeezer.com
    "Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"

Hermit
    Great video - as usual. You sure set the bar pretty high for us old guys!

Keep up the good work.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/