Team 9.8

Mountain Biking Kessel Trail in Fruita, Colorado

Check out Team 9.8's ride on Kessel in Fruita, Colorado!

If you enjoy our videos please give them a like and subscribe to our channel. We also have Facebook and Instagram! Now we also have Twitter!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriknorton
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TeamNinePointEight
    Instagram: Instagram
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeamNineEight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOI6...otlKcOv65LEseQ

banned
    Mar 2014
    Ouch.

That's really horrible.

Team 9.8
    Why? what is wrong with it?

banned
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurik View Post
    Why? what is wrong with it?
    Making a video that is interesting and engaging requires more effort than merely strapping a camera to your handlebars and tootling down a trail with clickety-clackity sound, no editing and no subject.

Team 9.8
    Hmm, being this is the POV section interesting for you to say something so stupid, but then again looking at all of your other posts on this forum, I am not surprised.

I guess I don't have potential of making good videos, better not watch this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdykYScfEVU

banned
    Mar 2014
    Hmm, being this is the POV section interesting for you to say something so stupid, but then again looking at all of your other posts on this forum, I am not surprised.
    I am just being factual. You only have yourself to blame for getting so butthurt.

This is not only the "POV" section, numpty. Find someone to explain "Videos and POV cameras" to you.

The fact remains that the Kessel Run video that you posted is uninteresting, poorly shot, the sound editing sucks and yeah, it's horrible.

Just the facts...

Team 9.8

banned
    Mar 2014
    Fine by me, then don't watch it, the 1 view I lose from you will cost me a mere $0.003, oh well I think I can afford to throw that out.

Just because you can't ride as fast as me and likely just sit on this forum all day posting spam, based on every other post you have made out of the 48 (and yes I looked to double check), doesn't mean you have to come on here acting like you make pro level videos riding at the speed of a 3 year old.

Sorry buddy, this forum is about mountain biking, not about striders.
    You continue to be really, really confused. But that's okay Yurink. I can see why you get so defensive because your videos are mostly of the "hey, I'm going to strap a GoPro to my bike and tootle along and WOW THE VIDS BE SO AWESOMES!!!"

Sit on this forum all day posting spam? Really Yurik? That's just you being an idiot once again. That's a lie. But that's a good thing though since it provides yet another reason to laugh at you. Laughter is good!

Here's a 10+ year old video (yeah, before Youtube, GoPro, Vimeo, etc. were even around, child) that does a much better job of portraying how fun Joe's/Kessel is when compared to the crap that you posted.

http://petefagerlin.com/video/joes1.wmv

p.s. Not your buddy. You're too boring and slow.

Team 9.8

Team 9.8
    I'm done commenting on this, if you don't like my videos, don't watch them. Honestly I could care less what you think. Thanks.

banned
    Mar 2014
    LOLLLLL!!!!!!!

That is seriously your edit, now I am laughing my ass off. I threw my GoPro video on there in 2 seconds to keep my viewers entertained and gain money off of running ads, you actually went to the length to try to make something good and that is what you put out there, HAHAHAHA!

Go get a life man, and learn how to make a real edit
    #1. You failed at entertaining your viewers and your focus on tiny amounts of ad revenue is pathetic and sleezy.

#2. I have a great life, but thanks for your concern slow poke.

#3. I've forgotten more about editing than you know. The proof is in your craptastic "edits"

Get back to me when your vids are featured at an international film festival and then maybe I can stop laughing long enough to maybe take you seriously.

Team 9.8
    Sounds good, thanks for your input, greatly appreciated!

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Having been making MTB videos for 6 years now, I have learned that no matter how great your skills at video editing/capturing are, not everyone is going to like your videos and even with 6 years of doing it, not every video I do would be considered a "masterpiece".

The big videos you see of famous riders are done with production crews and etc.. the great majority of us do not have production crews to go film our leisurely rides so the one thing we can all rule out is the average Joe with a GoPro isn't going to be putting out a professional quality film.

Heck I have had people criticize my videos because they didn't like the white tube socks I was wearing when riding the bike..like in the following videol

To be honest, I didn't expect much out of this video - was my first ride with my new 29er and yet it has been shared and shared - yes the usual "Music Sucks" comments have been made but when you have to go to the royalty free areas to get music because you don't want to get nailed for copyright infringement by Youtube and Company, that is pretty much what you get.

And my experience so far is people will nail you more for music selection that pretty much anything else on the video if you include music which most folks want to hear on videos. I have had folks tell me I should have put "Let the bodies hit the floor" which has been played to death --- plus being it is a copyrighted song.... I challenged them to provide me a royalty free song that they liked and not a response... They want to criticize but not contribute.

One of my favorite recent edits was done at Joe's Ridge in Fruita last year.

In this video, I tried going the electro-techno route for background songs and had different POV angles and such mixed in the video - probably not perfect but again - I don't have a production crew - in this case, only had one other guy with me who wanted to ride as well - not shoot a bunch of video of me riding

Anyways, long story short - I find nothing wrong with someone posting up videos to share. I wish I was in Yurik's shoes getting to ride Fruita trails more often that once a year like I get to...and it is the viewers choice whether or not to watch the videos. If the viewer doesn't find the video interesting - the back button is a great invention. No need to derail the guy posting it.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Team 9.8
    Thank you. I am more concerned with riding my bike than filming edits, and when by myself, I'm not going to go get multiple shots, sit down my camera, and do all of this other stuff just to make a sweet video, when to me a sweet video is a guy who knows how to ride and shreds a trail, not some guy who pieces together 100 different clips and angles into a video.... I'll save that for real video creators or a 2nd person who wants to film me ride.

The only reason I even post half of the stuff I do is because there are no really good videos of some of these trails, especially from start to finish. Hell the reason I made the Joe's/Mojos edit is because the only video on youtube right now the guy skips every single jump.

This is me... hitting every single jump

Plus, I have people visit from out of state and they want to show people what they rode, so I make a video. Simple as that. Yeah sure I'd love to go make some bad ass video, but you can't put music on youtube unless you own the rights to it and still monetize your video. I have even tried royalty free, and copyright free music, still doesn't work.

I am working on new edited videos, but those take time, I can post raw ride footage instantly and people still see joy in laying the bike down in a corner. I'm not here to make movies, I'm here to ride my bike, the movies is a secondary thing.

Thank you Lawson, I enjoyed your videos and subscribed to your channel. Maybe I'll see you riding Swope, Landahl, or SMP when I come visit, as I see you have some videos from the area.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Thank you. I am more concerned with riding my bike than filming edits, and when by myself, I'm not going to go get multiple shots, sit down my camera, and do all of this other stuff just to make a sweet video, when to me a sweet video is a guy who knows how to ride and shreds a trail, not some guy who pieces together 100 different clips and angles into a video.... I'll save that for real video creators or a 2nd person who wants to film me ride.

The only reason I even post half of the stuff I do is because there are no really good videos of some of these trails, especially from start to finish. Hell the reason I made the Joe's/Mojos edit is because the only video on youtube right now the guy skips every single jump.

This is me... hitting every single jump

Plus, I have people visit from out of state and they want to show people what they rode, so I make a video. Simple as that. Yeah sure I'd love to go make some bad ass video, but you can't put music on youtube unless you own the rights to it and still monetize your video. I have even tried royalty free, and copyright free music, still doesn't work.

I am working on new edited videos, but those take time, I can post raw ride footage instantly and people still see joy in laying the bike down in a corner. I'm not here to make movies, I'm here to ride my bike, the movies is a secondary thing.

Thank you Lawson, I enjoyed your videos and subscribed to your channel. Maybe I'll see you riding Swope, Landahl, or SMP when I come visit, as I see you have some videos from the area.
    Thanks Yurik.

The Joe's video I shot I was using 3 GoPro's and my friend was using a Sony Point and Shoot camera...now I have 4 GoPro's and the Sony....yeah got carried away with the action camera stuff But even when I plan to make a kick butt video, I get carried away by enjoying the riding.. LOL.

If you ever are in the KC area, would be glad to ride with you although looks like I may be going to Utah on a more permanent basis as job promotion came along...will see how things transpire with that...good news is I would be 4 hours from Fruita (Ogden, UT)....
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Team 9.8
    3 GoPros! I only have one haha. Most of the time I don't want to stop to shoot someone riding or something, I'm actually trying to find someone who likes to ride bikes and film so that I can get them to film us riding haha.

I am in the KC area quite a bit, we have a lot of family around the area, I will actually be there in May. Awesome about the job promotion! If you end up moving and want to ride some trails that you may not know about just shoot me a PM!

Tigers love pepper...
    Lost interest after a couple minutes and had it on mute the entire time. I appreciate the videos for what they are, a full recording of the trail, but if you want people to be interested enough to like/follow etc (especially to generate revenue) I think you're gonna have to provide more. And in most cases less footage, more editing equals more. I am not likely to watch a 10 minute video of any trail (and I love Kessels!). But I will watch a nicely edited 5 minute video MANY times. And I'd be more likely to share it with others. My .02. Take it for what it's worth. Good luck.

Edit - the other video you posted of Ambush trail is great! That I'd watch anytime.

Team 9.8
    Yeah I could see that Cobi, just when riding solo there is no real way to film myself unless I set up my GoPro on the ground and keep riding back to get it. That's why we only have a select few edits. Mostly our crash videos have a ton of views.

There is a YouTube study that shows videos longer than 2 minutes that the viewer likely loses interest, which is why most good videos are around that length.

mtbr member
    I like a mix of music and natural sounds myself, I like the personality music can lend to a video, but I also like to hear the noises I would hear if I was there, usually in the more tech spots.

I can appreciate your recording a ride more as a document than entertainment, which is what I would probably do if I did such things.

Your bar mount made it hard to watch for me though, I'd prefer a head or chest mount to isolate the bike movement. Kinda seasickness inducing on that trail.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    3 GoPros! I only have one haha. Most of the time I don't want to stop to shoot someone riding or something, I'm actually trying to find someone who likes to ride bikes and film so that I can get them to film us riding haha.

I am in the KC area quite a bit, we have a lot of family around the area, I will actually be there in May. Awesome about the job promotion! If you end up moving and want to ride some trails that you may not know about just shoot me a PM!
    Nice thing about having all those GoPro's is that:

1) Can get different POV on the same ride
    2) Timing easier to do between the POV angles since all footage captured at same speed and time.

Of course, the more footage - the more complex editing has to be done.

Confused
    I just enjoy seeing people ride. You can learn a lot from video's that are shot POV and zero music. I personally like production video's that are shot raw with an increase in sound. Most people do not understand what your bike and body go through during a ride.
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com