Mountain Man Dan

Mild December Day Ride - Chest mount

Hey guys,

Took a small ride today, and am still trying to figure out the angle for the Go Pro on the chest mount. I had it perfect, but I didn't tighten the go pro enough so over the course of the ride ( this video is the second half of the ride ), it started to tilt downward and show too much of the bike. But I felt the video was still decent.

I recorded it on a Go Pro Hero 2 ( 960p-48 ).

Using the chest mount is just trial and error I guess, for the correct angle

Also, I'm sorry if this video won't imbed in the post, I can never get it to, even though I do what everyone else does. So bear with me if there is only a link.

Be sure to put it on 720p!

MTB Ride - Chest Mount - GoPro Hero 2 - YouTube

This is only raw footage. Tonight I will be ordering a new graphics card ( 1gb ddr3 ) and a new PSU ( 500 watt ), so I will be able to edit videos in Pinnacle Studio HD.

Thanks, Dan.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

re member
    Wow, the video quality with that thing is through the roof!

One suggestion, can you pull the chest straps tighter? There was a bit of shaking going on. I've seen other GoPro chesty mount footage with 0 shakiness.

To learn the best angle, mount it up, go out in your yard or driveay, shoot a little, go in and watch...repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Wow, the video quality with that thing is through the roof!

One suggestion, can you pull the chest straps tighter? There was a bit of shaking going on. I've seen other GoPro chesty mount footage with 0 shakiness.

To learn the best angle, mount it up, go out in your yard or driveay, shoot a little, go in and watch...repeat.
    Thanks! I imagine the quality would be better on the 1080p setting, but apparently this setting gives the best side to side and up and down view.

I imagine I can pull the straps tighter, it was pretty tight. I do have a some what indent in my chest, so the plate doesn't really have the entire chest to be flat against. I tried to counteract that by having the plate higher up on my chest.

I had the angle perfect at the start of the ride, but I didn't want to over tighten the go pro on the mount...I guess i had it too loose and the angle changed while riding.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

Mountain Man Dan
    Here's a video from the previous day. Was trying out the Helmet mount.

It's quite smooth, but you're not really "in" the action.