mtbr member

Mac or PC? Which easier to edit pics and vids with?

Let me preface by saying that I am clueless. I have never edited a video nor even done more then "flip" a picture to upright. I guess in editing age I would be about 12 years old (and that maybe reaching).

So with that being said if you were a 12 year old who wanted to make cool videos with his new GoProHD camera and also to be able to edit pictures....what would you get?

I currently own a PC Laptop (2 actually) but have seen and heard that Macs are just so much easier to edit with. I need a new computer regardless so it is not as if I will be buying one needlessly. Also knowing myself easier is definitely what I need as I know if it is to time intensive or confusing I will procrastinate and it wont get done.

Any thoughts on which?

Appreciate the helpful advice.
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

No, that's not phonetic
    I honestly don't know if it specifically depends on the platform (Mac vs PC) so much as it depends on the specific software title. Both platforms will have both easy and sophisticated (read as: complicated) editing programs. Some of those software titles will be written for both platforms, others not. I can say that Apple's old version of iMovie was dead simple and did a great job. The new version of iMovie is a lot more powerful and not that intuitive anymore. They really ditched their old "easy to use" mantra but added a lot of functionality. It tends to be a tradeoff.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I do like the movies that riders have made with iMovie and posted up on here. I use a PC myself and use Windows Movie Maker for two reasons:

1) It is pretty simple, cut and dry to use.
    2) It runs faster than Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas 9 on my hardware. May be due to my video card because my CPU is a Q6600 quad core and I have 6gb of memory (3gb because of Win XP).

The main reason I would love to be able to use either Premiere or Vegas due to the ability to directly edit HD video but dang it runs so slow and choppy that I just convert the videos and use WMM instead.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    hmmm--my specs are weaker than yours likely and my footage in vegas pro 9.0c is not slow nor choppy. Of course my cam is 720p.

I have the 6600 chip, only 2 GB Ram, and an old 2600XT card.

bit i do convert the footage to a high quality neoscene AVI files before editing in vegas. there are a few here that realize this program solves synch issues and choppiness and slowness when editing HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider
    The main reason I would love to be able to use either Premiere or Vegas due to the ability to directly edit HD video but dang it runs so slow and choppy that I just convert the videos and use WMM instead.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr
    hmmm--my specs are weaker than yours likely and my footage in vegas pro 9.0c is not slow nor choppy. Of course my cam is 720p.

I have the 6600 chip, only 2 GB Ram, and an old 2600XT card.

bit i do convert the footage to a high quality neoscene AVI files before editing in vegas. there are a few here that realize this program solves synch issues and choppiness and slowness when editing HD.
    How do you convert yours to said AVI format?
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawson Raider
    How do you convert yours to said AVI format?
    with the neoscene program

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Go big or go home haha...

Apple Final Cut Studio 2.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You may find this article helpful - http://www.actioncamerasblog.com/2010/05/24/382/