Team Livemedium

lcd backpak won't turn off after 60 seconds on gp3 silver

Help I can't get the lcd backpack to turn off after 60 seconds while recording. It wants to stay on the whole time sucking battery. Gopro support says there is no lco on off menu or brightness menu on the gopro3. Firmware is updated.

Here is my conversation:
    (me= Just got this camera. Cant find LCO or LCF option. I hold down lcd button and all it does is turn off or on. No menu. Frustrated. Cant see brightness options either. Firmware is current.

them= thank you for contacting us.
    With the new Hero 3 thaere is no option for LCO or LCF because you can normally attached the LCD bac pac to the camera and use it.
    The brightness option is no presents in our camera. You can modify the White balance with the Hero 3 silver and black edition but the protune option has to be "on".
    I hope I was useful.

me=I need the lcd backpack to turn off after 60 seconds. It stays running the whole time draining the battery. help. I tried the setting that turns the camera off automatically. it dosen't stop the lcd while recording.

them=I am sorry but this feature is not available with the Hero 3. You have to power-off the LCD Bac pac directly form the power button of it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.)

So am I supposed to 1.start recording, 2.open up case, 3.power off lcd, 4.close case 5.record ride and hope mounting angle is same?

experts help please thanks
    Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

Team Livemedium
    I screwed up one point here.

The camera touch back door DOES have a power button, so I dont have to open it up.

I would still like auto shutoff though.

Team Livemedium
    problem solved I guess. overlooked the most obvious thing THE POWER BUTTON lol.
    After reading the internest I thought the gp3 had the LCO or LCF option and menu screen.
    (that is for hero and hero2 only)
    Note gp3 folks: no menu for and no auto power off for lcd touch bacpac.