mtbr member

Ion Air Pro 3: Anyone have, used or opinions?

Hey all,
    Just wanted to see what thoughts were in regard to the ion air pro 3 and if anyone has used any of the Ion cameras.
    I really like the form vs the Go Pro and really like that you dont have to put the camera in an external case. Here is a link to a review from CNET.

iOn Air Pro 3 - Digital Camcorders - CNET Reviews!
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Received mine today. I will be testing it out this weekend, so I'll let ya know.
    I asked God for a bike, but I know he doesn't work that way so I stole a bike & asked for forgiveness.

mtbr member
    Nice....thanks.

mtbr member
    Okay, the camera works great.......the videographer on the other hand....not so much. haha
    I had the camera on the helmet and didn't have it pointed up far enough....so I have great shots of the ground....duh. I should have stopped along the way and checked the vid...but alas, I did not.
    The terrible POV I captured looks great. It does a great job in bright to dark transitions and vise versa. The image stabilization works good, even through the rock garden.
    The only downfall is the audio. At speed, it captures a lot of wind noise. Not a big deal since most videos will have music over them.
    If you get one, definitely get the WIFI Pod, that way you can use your phone or other device as the viewfinder. That will allow you to not check it, like me, and ride all day like I did, to shoot the ground.
    I found mine on Amazon for $200. It came with the WIFI pod, bike mount kit, a couple other mount kits, and a 16gb SD card. Ultimately, it shipped from Willoughby's in New York. willoughbys.com
    Next time, I will check the POV with my phone and spend more time on set-up so I can post a vid.
    I asked God for a bike, but I know he doesn't work that way so I stole a bike & asked for forgiveness.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the quick review Salty. Did you get the Air Pro 3? That's a great price if you did. The lowest I've seen them is $350.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    hey Salty, can ya take little 10 sec sections and stitch together just for lighting/definition .. jello effect retention?

something less than a minute so we can just see how it records
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sure, I'll get a short clip up ASAP

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I should be getting my Ion Air Pro 3 tomorrow if I don't miss the post. I plan on uploading some samples of it. Ill post the link here when I do to the uncompressed video file. Might not get to ride with it cause it's going to snow pretty bad then get really cold here.

mtbr member
    Bump

mtbr member
    Throwing this back up to see if anyone has used the Ion Air Pro 3 at all and has some vids to post up.

mtbr member
    I'm curious as well. In addition how is the software for mobile devices? I'm trying to narrow down my selection between the Ion and Contour.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    any more feedback on these? Was checking them out at best buy, I have the original gopro that has screwed me over a few times too many in recent shooting competitions. Like the features of this and probably gonna pick up a air 2. almost half the price of the gopro 3 silver