Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

iMovie advice

843 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tscheezy 
#1 ·
Since I know there are few out there that use iMovie, thought I'd ask in here about uploading videos into the Event Browser.
When I upload a whole bunch from a ride they are never sequenced in the right order. The file numbers are contour based: File0001, File0002. So I don't know why they are jumbled out of sequence. Any idea? And/or how can I move them around in the Event Browser.
Thanks

#2 ·
There are many ways to order your event clips. Watch this first: https://support.apple.com/kb/VI90

Since the clips have time metadata associated with them, iMovie generally tries to make things chronological. If your camera does not have the time set, it may confuse iMovie though I would think it should still be able to get the order correct.

If worst comes to worst, go into iMovie preferences, and under General, click the first checkbox to Show date ranges in Event Library. Then, you can right click on the date in the preview window and select Adjust Date and Time. You can specify the chronological order manually if necessary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.