Mountain Man Dan

How do you guys get music in your videos?

Hey guys,

Getting into the movie making scene with my Go Pro Hero 2. I use Pinnacle Studio HD to edit the videos.

How do you guys get music into your videos? I don't use Limewire, or Frostwire, and I'm not going to buy songs from iTunes.

What do you do/
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

re member
    Google "how to save songs from youtube videos"...there are lots of options.

Once you master that, it's just a matter of finding a video of the song you want with a decent bitrate.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Also look up creative commons. There's quite a bit out there to freely download and use in your vid as long as you properly attribute it (usually in the credit roll).

Mountain Man Dan
    I am using the flvto.com website now, Works great!
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    Also look up creative commons. There's quite a bit out there to freely download and use in your vid as long as you properly attribute it (usually in the credit roll).
    Hmm... interesting. Hadn't thought about all the details since I just got my helmet cam.

Can I use music I have purchased as long as I give proper credit? Or would I need to license it in a homemade video?
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Not sure, maybe if it's popular recorded music it doesn't even matter so long as it's just for your home brew project you're posting to youtube/pinkbike/vimeo.

I'm not much of a youtube fan but I've noted on some videos where a popular song is featured, you tube throws up links to sites where one can purchase the music...

I think youtube and vimeo has rules listed within their sites on how to deal with commercially copyrighted music.

But creative commons and similar licenses---just follow the instructions of attribute that are listed when you download...

Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Hmm... interesting. Hadn't thought about all the details since I just got my helmet cam.

Can I use music I have purchased as long as I give proper credit? Or would I need to license it in a homemade video?

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35 View Post
    Cool, I had found a working copy of camptasia studio and have captured some youtube stuff that way.

sore member
    Youtube will often permit you to post videos containing commercially copyrighted music. Youtube will notify you if it detects a song copyrighted by a third party that it has in its catalog. Sometimes they will disable the video or just the audio in certain countries. Most of the time, they'll just include a link to the "official" music video or a link to a site where you can buy the music online.

The Youtube method for detecting copyrighted songs in videos is fairly sophisticated. I've truncated songs, sped them up, slowed them down, faded them in and out, used older music and "indie" music, and mixed in additional audio from the helmet cam recording, and Youtube was still able to identify the song used in each case.

Use of music that you've purchased in a home video may constitute fair use under copyright law, but that's the subject of another thread that I'll leave for the armchair lawyers to discuss. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35 View Post
    Thanks for the link.

mtbr member
    I have over 130 videos on youtube. At first it was no problem. I would get the third party message and they would put an itune link on the page. They've really cracked down lately. All of my recent videos ended up blocked in one way or another. I've started using vimeo for videos with music. I do know of some sites that you gain copyright acces from or something and you then can post videos with music. I have not done it, but friends have and it worked.

Hermit
    Also check out the bands on unsignedbandweb.com. There's a LOT of cool music on there, from a wide array of genres. Most of the time an email can get you permission to use the music for free as long as you give them credit.

Steve Z
    Pedaling when it's dry
    And paddling when it's wet

My insignificant blog:
    http://swampboy62.blogspot.com/