mtbr member
    May 2013

GoPro Hero 3 Black Youtube Quality Loss

I'm just wondering if anybody has figured out how to get a crystal clear upload to Youtube. My videos look like garbage once they reach Youtube, but I've seen some that look amazing. I'm not sure if there's a certain editing program that is better, a certain combination of settings, or a better file type. Right now I'm trying Cyberlink Powerdirector 11 and it looks better than what I got with Premiere and Sony Vegas, but it's still not coming through correctly. If you have figured this out can you also post one of your videos that maintained quality? Thanks!

mtbr member
    I think when you upload you can choose the quality, or you may need a special YouTube account. Any solutions on your end?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Well I'm partnered to Youtube, so I get extra features as far as I know (I think they give these features to just about anybody now though). It seems to be the large file size that doesn't get along with Youtube because my "low res" slow motion stuff seems to be more clear than my 1080p. I'll attach two samples to show you what I mean

1080p Mountain Biking Video
    GoPro Hero 3 Downhill Mountain Biking: Fungus Trail at Sunrise, AZ - YouTube

720p Slow Motion Belly Flop Video
    GoPro Hero 3 Black Slow Motion Test Belly Flop Action 120FPS - YouTube

Now which looks more clear? It seems like when I watch on my Blu-ray player everything looks clear, but on the computer the lower quality comes through more clear. Maybe it's my computer??? I've tried multiple computers though with the same quality.

mtbr member
    How do I get them features?!?!? lol. My problem is my computer hates the 1080 p 60fps and my output is always in slow motion or choppy. I have a bug I think. really annoying.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lobos82 View Post
    I'm just wondering if anybody has figured out how to get a crystal clear upload to Youtube. Thanks!
    I'm still working on getting better quality video from both vimeo and youtube.

Stumbled across these links just the other day. Pretty interesting information on the streamingmedia site and the forum thread at goprofanatics has a few links to some tutorials. Even the comments have some input from others.

Uploading videos that look like official GoPro videos

Encoding for YouTube: How to Get the Best Results - Streaming Media Magazine

clearing up the GoPro to YouTube video quality issues one link at a time (c;

gnewcomer aka OldMtnGoat