Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i think that alot of people are gonna have go pro 2's for sale in the near future......me included.

mtbr member
    I'm taking my GP2 to BB today and pre-order the new GP3. I got it when it was on sale for $249 and I see now they have it for $199.

It's good that I bought it in the last 60 days and have not even used it yet. Premier Silver members have extended return policy....niceeee.
    '12 Trek Cobia 29er

mtbr member

New question here. Europe

Hi,

When will it be in shops this side of the world, anybody knows?

Thanks

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I'd sell my Hero HD before I would sell the Hero 2. I actually love the Hero 2....but I do say the black Hero 3 looks awefully delicious.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am not sure if they will sell many silver editions... Black comes with way better hardware, plus their $80 remote.. Anyway i ordered a black a few minutes after they started taking orders, now it just need to show up already..

mtbr member
    Been thinking about getting a gopro lately. I think I may get the Black Edition.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by VICpt View Post
    Hi,

When will it be in shops this side of the world, anybody knows?

Thanks
    can't speak to Europe, but available tomorrow (oct 21st) in North America

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I do not have a gopro but I've been in the market. I'm leaning towards the white edition for as many times as I would use it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Slowest Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow74 View Post
    is the GoPro app going to be released for Android? Or is it iOS proprietary?
    Yes the GoPro App also works on Androids.

More information at GoPro's web site.
    HERO3 Cameras | More Powerful in Every Way | Most Advanced GoPro

The price for the Black is good considering all the improvements and accessories now included (sharper lens, more speed, more resolution, better sound, high speed photos, less wind noise, smaller size, less weight, WiFi Remote, GoPro App, waterproof housing, many mounts,...). Glad I waited.

Their example video on the link above is superb. (A real production!)
    I'd pay way more for any option including the whales and free dive girls...

According to the above, it's shipping November 14, in time for my Xmas.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

VP/ Terrain Designer
    The 4K mode is basically a time-lapse setting. Extremely stoked on that feature. We are also stoked that GoPro used our LineCam System to shoot some of the promo video, used in the release of the HERO3. Awesome camera!
    Braun Enterprises LLC, Building Cool Stuff

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    The specs on the Black edition look amazing. I'm probably going to have to buy one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    I think the reason really for that 4k mode is to capture high res photos of fast moving events. 4K = 3840 x 2160 (8.3 megapixels) which pretty much means you are a 8 megapixel camera at 15FPS.

Sure the photo mode can so 10 and "burst" at 30, but you have to turn it on for that and hit the trigger.

Seems that in this 4K mode, I could strap the camera on, hit record, go do something awesome, and end up with some photos at 15FPS and cherry pick my photo.

-Tom
    Not sure that's the case. It has a new Picture in Video mode that will take 12mp photos at a preset interval while simultaneously capturing video at your chosen resolution. Plus, pulling out a single frame from a video isn't the same as taking an actual still photo. Video frames (in moving action) are going to be blurry. You don't really notice the blur in a 30 fps video playback. Sometimes blur in a still is desirable, sometimes not. If this new mode will do video, plus sharp motion freezing still capture, that will be freakin' awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil View Post
    The silver is a smaller & ligher Hero2 with Wifi Bacpac.
    The white is a smaller & ligher Hero2 with Wifi Bacpac but reduced photo capabilities/quality.
    None of the new cameras come with a WiFi Bacpac. They all have the WiFi functionality built in. So no added bulk!

EDIT: Let me apologize for providing what I thought was useful, pertinent information about the new GoPro. I was obviously out of line here, and the negative rep has put me in my place. So thank you, anonymous person.
    Last edited by PedalDangit; 10-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
    The 4K mode is basically a time-lapse setting. Extremely stoked on that feature.!
    I guess so. I can't think of why else it's included. 15fps video playback won't be smooth unless you speed it up double time.

Hey I know! That mode is for guys who like to speed up their riding footage to make themselves look faster and then they watch their fraudulent footage on a huge screen in all its cinematic 4k glory! They thought of everything.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    We shot a quick Hero3 v Hero2 comparison video. We'll be creating more comparison videos, including ones with mountain biking action. In the mean time, check this out: GoPro HERO3: Black Edition vs HERO2 (Underwater Comparison) - YouTube

RideDirt
    rhoward- WOW + REP for you my friend . Thats honestly a huge difference between the two, or at least i can tell . Great job on the editing as well !

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoward View Post
    We shot a quick Hero3 v Hero2 comparison video. We'll be creating more comparison videos, including ones with mountain biking action. In the mean time, check this out: GoPro HERO3: Black Edition vs HERO2 (Underwater Comparison) - YouTube
    Awesome. Night and day difference under water. Thanks for this. Looking forward to your next vids.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoward View Post

Thanks for the side to side comparison, very cool to see the differences. Have you done any comparisons using the Protune settings on both? I just shot some mtb riding with the firmware upgrade on the HD2 and am pretty imdpressed so far with the image quality, significantly less compression artifacts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not sure if this is the best comparison as your not running the underwater case for the hero 2. It would be interesting to see how that clears up the image. It does however compare stock to stock cameras (but someone shooting underwater would have the specific underwater case). Also, have any input on battery life?

mtbr member
    looks like I will have to wait a little bit longer....received an email from BB customer service this morning stating that my pre-order on GP Hero3 has been cancelled. No specific reason was given, but I'm guessing it was due to back-order.

I will wait or maybe submit an order directly with GoPro.
    '12 Trek Cobia 29er

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I like the black, but 400 bucks it a bit steep. I'll wait a few months and see if the price drops any.

What kind of battery life can be expected out of the black edition? It seems like all that fancy hardware and new capabilities would eat up battery life.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Price won't drop unless they take the remote out I would think.. You get the $80 remote + a better camera for 100 more than the silver... Ad I would still like to now about the battery life myself..

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey,
    great news. Iam looking forward to get a used GoPro now.

The 720p resolution is enough for my needs. Seems like a few of you have Hero 1 and 2 cameras at home. Do you reckon the 2 is much better? (50fps vs 60fps- as far as i see).
    I would only use it at daylight.

Thank you
    Regards,
    Michael

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by distro View Post
    Price won't drop unless they take the remote out I would think.. You get the $80 remote + a better camera for 100 more than the silver... Ad I would still like to now about the battery life myself..
    They were giving people a $100 discount at the SEMA show. I think you can find a good deal if you look around. It looks like Target has the base model in stock for $199 and it comes with a $25 Target giftcard. If Target can give a deal on a new model than I am sure you will see more to follow.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek~29er View Post
    looks like I will have to wait a little bit longer....received an email from BB customer service this morning stating that my pre-order on GP Hero3 has been cancelled. No specific reason was given, but I'm guessing it was due to back-order.

I will wait or maybe submit an order directly with GoPro.
    As an FYI, Black Edition preorders purchased directly from GoPro are shipping. I got a shipping notice yesterday and UPS shows an 11/14 delivery date.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Pre Order GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition - $340+shipping after %15 off @ Bikebling.com

I saw this over on slickdeals.net and thought you guys might be interested.

Pre Order GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition - $340+shipping after %15 off @ Bikebling.com - Slickdeals.net
    Killing it with close inspection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2