RideDirt

GoPro HD Hero 2 in action

So i tried the chest mount , helmet mount, and today i tested my additional mounts. I picked up the roll bar mount and handle bar mount. Nothing fancy here , just a quick rip thru one of my local trails i enjoy . Video was taken today , a bit chilly and damp grounds but i managed .

I am very pleased with these views since you get to see whats going on with the bike , plus you actually have a decent view of whats ahead and the real speeds etc. I will be doing some minor tweaks to the mounting positions and finally get some better footage once weather opens up etc.

I was shooting in 720p 30fps and then switched to 60fps and it def was a difference in a good way. From now on i will record in 60fps.

Enjoy the video

RAMAPO RUN on Vimeo

stoneyfromgermany
    i like the mount / cam position where i can see the front :-) your fox is working hard :-)

insert blank disk
    Looks really good. I like those angles. At what point did you switch to 60 fps? Was it around the 2 min mark? Also, what program did you use to edit this?
    Last edited by down2ride; 01-11-2012 at 05:54 PM.

RideDirt
    Thanks guys ! Its actually the Lyrik Air but i upgraded the internals to the DH setup Yea i mean these rocks i ride are pretty big lol .

See the video has some 30 fps and some are 60fps , the problem i ran into was when i rendered the video i had an option that i needed to check off so it wouldnt downgrade the video quality but forgot about it . The program i used is called Cyberlink Powerdirector 10 .. Im going to try out Sonys editing stuff and then prob adobe eventually . But it works for some basic editing and its got lots of options.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    sweet trails and nice video.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    what mount are you using to show the front angle with the fork? is it mounted on the top tube?

RideDirt
    I am using the roll bar mount for the front view , it can be mounted in many different areas on the bike and get some really good views .

And yes the camera is mounted on the top tube .

Mountain Man Dan
    For some reason the quality looks low..............
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35 View Post
    For some reason the quality looks low..............
    Yup it is low, there was something enabled in my editing software that i forgot about which killed the quality when i uploaded it ...

This weather is making it a bit hard for me to get out and ride to get some good footage with some kind of light out lol ...

If you take a look at another video in my Vimeo account * Trumbull, CT * you can see the difference

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Roll bar mount would enable you to mount it on your downtube, right?

thanks

Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by Koyn0 View Post
    Roll bar mount would enable you to mount it on your downtube, right?

thanks
    Correct.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    +rep thanks!