mtbr member
    My first ride with the Ghost

http://youtu.be/wIwLCO8hCDE

Airborne Flight Crew
    Can't get it to play higher than 360p?
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    And you need to aim it higher. Looking at your front wheel and the dirt 3' in front of it doesn't make for a good video, especially when we know there's all those riders in front of you, not to mention actual trail.

And second the 360p. At that resolution, the video could be from virtually ANY camera.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member

GoPro Black or Drift Ghost HD?

Agree with you.
    The problem isn't in the camera, it's my lack of editing skills.
    I'll get better.
    The shooting was made in 960p, but when loading, Youtube said it was too heavy, maybe i'll find a way to go around this too.
    Volta 10 Fev I Drift Ghost - YouTube
    Last edited by VICpt; 02-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Fat & Single
    Are you rendering as a MP4 ? Whats size was your final file you were uploading ?

Seriously i cant notice any difference in the quality when i go over 14mbps max bitrate.

An approx 5 minute render from my GP3 black at 1080x30 (shot at 1080x60) with a max bitrate of around 14mbps ends up under a 300mb file and uploads to youtube/vimeo in around 25mins.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by VICpt View Post
    Agres with you.
    The problem isn't in the camera, it's my lack of editing skills.
    I'll get better.
    The shooting was made in 960p, but when loading, Youtube said it was too heavy, maybe i'll find a way to go around this too.
    Volta 10 Fev I Drift Ghost - YouTube
    keep at it... try using some diff software for editing .. (if on a PC, on mac just use Imovie ) there are a few free trials out for software so do a search , download a few and play.. have fun with it!!!

Also try other spots for mounting, the helmet mount is actually about the worst, but is still good for mix ins. get a few diff mounts so you can easily just pop it from one location to the next without having to fiddle with the mount it's self.

Not sure why Youtube is saying a 5 min vid is too heavy..? try editing it down and using some compression (thou as little as possible)

Don't let it stress you, I stopped using mine for a time cause I just got too worried about it and it started loosing it's "fun" factor. Now I just kinda go with it and don't let it worry me.... editing I take my time and play. great to do on a rainy day where you can try a few diff options/edits.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member

Good job!

Thanks, yes i'm the big trouble.
    I load it as MP4, perhaps not the best option? How do you guys do?
    Haven't done any compression; must learn more about it.
    I use iMovie; and im not disappointed with the posts, im here to learn with you and my mistakes.
    Im not looking for the Oscar and as a Drift Ghost owner, i dont want to say this camera is better, it was an option. Besides, here in Portugal the new GoPro is a rarity to find.
    In the future (if prices go down), i may buy a GoPro and use both.

Regards
    Last edited by VICpt; 02-11-2013 at 01:52 PM.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by VICpt View Post
    Thanks, yes i'm the big trouble.
    I load it as MP4, perhaps not the best option? How do you guys do?
    Haven't done any compression; must learn more about it.
    I use iMovie; and im not disappointed with the posts, im here to learn with you and my mistakes.
    Im not looking for the Oscar and as a Drift Ghost owner, i dont want to say this camera is better, it was an option. Besides, here in Portugal the new GoPro is a rarity to find.
    In the future (if prices go down), i may buy a GoPro and use both.

Regards
    import the original .mov video to imovie, what i do is record in 1080p and render at 720 30fps

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    import the original .mov video to imovie, what i do is record in 1080p and render at 720 30fps
    ya, I don't even bother recording at 1080 anymore... just sucks up battery and memory... thou I do use the 60 frames 720 now and then.

Imovie is easy.. few quick tips..

Make sure when you start a new "project" that it's set at WIDE SCREEN 720
    start with just playing with the preset "trailer" theme and just pull small clips from your live footage,.. just to get used to the program and selecting sections
    watch the little 2 min vids on Imovie at apple.. iLife - iMovie - Read about movie trailers and more new features. there are like a 1/2 dozen if you scroll down that page..
    search the web, there are TONS of tips and tricks sites for Imovie..

have fun man!!!
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member

GoPro Black or Drift Ghost HD?

Thanks, that's the spirit; you see this was my first footage and the first time working with iMovie.
    Regards

mtbr member

Good job! I think i got it!

This time i got it! Give me your opinion.
    Heres my last video.

http://youtu.be/BW1iGVYsf4k

Thanks for the tips.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    you have it marked private.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    you have it marked private.
    what he said... need to go into your settings at Youtube and make public

mtbr member
    Sorry.
    It was late when ive finished it.
    Fixed.
    Regards

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    well i bought a new drift ghost yesterday from action cameras. charged up the battery...and nothing. not a great start ! they are sending me a new battery. i hope thats the fix or its all going back...

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I purchased the GoPro Black a few months ago and enjoy the camera. Battery life isn't as long as the Hero 2 or Hero HD but not bad enough that the camera is unusable. Plus, you can get Wasabi external charger with 2 batteries for like $21 buck or so on Amazon.com.

I purchased the external battery pack for it and it helps the camera last about as long as the Hero 2 and Hero HD. The only thing I don't like about it is that the battery pac doesn't have removable battery, it is one unit and the first one I got crapped out after a few uses and had to get exchanged. Haven't used the replacement one yet so I reserve judgment on how reliable the external battery pacs are.

I liked the ones for the Hero 2 and Hero HD mainly because could charge the battery with a USB cable instead of having to use the camera for that purpose.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Idea! I have used Drift for a long time...

I use it on a Motorcycle but in general it work riging a normal bike as well...

Here is links to some Tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTSWbDjhq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzFfpdGLdCw

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line...

/Johan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3