mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Go Pro HD - Update?

I received my Go Pro HD today which seems to be working great so far. I also bought a chesty mount but am having trouble trying to find the right position. I've been reading that some prefer to mount the camera upside down which seems to work better. That being said, the manual states that there's a setting for an upside down image capture. My unit does not have the feature and explains to go to Gopro.com to download the update. Anyone know where to locate this update?

I know it's possible to flip the video via software, but the setting would make it a bit easier for me.

Any alternative chest mounting tips would be helpful as well. If mounting the camera right side up, the camera just points at my top tube/stem.

No, that's not phonetic
    There is no update to flip the video in the camera yet. The little blurb in the manual was overly optimistic that they would have a fix already. Just wear the camera upside down and flip the vid in your editing software once it's on the computer. Some programs make this incredibly easy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    There is no update to flip the video in the camera yet. The little blurb in the manual was overly optimistic that they would have a fix already. Just wear the camera upside down and flip the vid in your editing software once it's on the computer. Some programs make this incredibly easy.
    Ah thanks for the info. I had been reading about people waiting patiently for the GoPro HD update, but didn't realize the upside down feature was part of the specific update.

Any suggestions on a software to flip it/watch? Not necessarily looking for an editing software, as I have another computer for that. Just wanting to watch my videos right side up.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Windows Live Movie Maker can flip/rotate the footage. Its a bit annoying that GoPro is taking so long on this bit of firmware update. I put some foam on the chest mount fyi so it's tilted even more up then usual to get the proper angle. Or as you correctly pointed out - you can flip the cam upside down
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

gopro

who has the best deal on the 1080p hero

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    It's been out for months

http://gopro.com/support/hd-hero-firmware-update/

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris948
    Dude, look at the date of the OP. It's over a year ago. Way to resurrect a dead thread.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    Dude, look at the date of the OP. It's over a year ago. Way to resurrect a dead thread.
    Pretty sure I'm not the one who resurrected the thread, but thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Any recommendations to editing software that is easy to use? I would like to also add music.

Thanks!