mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Go Pro Chest mounted footage from near Dubai

Morning folks,

It surprises people a lot when I tell them that the mountain biking here is actually excellent.

Here's a video from a chest mounted go-pro shot on Friday

https://vimeo.com/50895432

2012 10 05 First ride at Showka on the BMC Trail Fox from Ian Ganderton on Vimeo.

Its all chest mounted I'm afraid.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Because there is not much information available I've collated some of it on my blog and it can be found at UAE Mountain Biking | Ian Ganderton's Blog

I'm part of the Hot Cog Mtb group of riders and we can be found talking rubbish about tyres at https://www.facebook.com/groups/hotcogmtb

Enjoy
    Last edited by iggs; 10-20-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: adding video embed code

mtbr member
    Good videos! Really like your moonlander video's angles!
    I ride faster than I should...

mtbr member
    That looks quite similar to many areas here southern Nevada, However, the sparse creosote bushes make Nevada look like a rainforest compared to the plant life there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    nice video

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Rubicon73 - thanks. Yes really pleased with the Moonlander angles. Need to play with similar on the trail bike.

chad1376 - ha ha, guess not many places can make Southern Nevada look like a rain forest in comparison

Carbon or Commie?
    Great vid. Your buddy needs to learn the proper way to crash. Face-first with outstretched palms hurts waaaay too much.

You get much better video footage if he attempts to "flap his wings" while going down.

Hope he's okay. Looked like a bit of blood on the face... hopefully that's all he got from the landing.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Yes you can embed vimeo here. Just go to any vimeo already imbedded here and right click on it and you can copy/paste the embed code to see an example.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Ouch, that looks like a hard place to land.

mtbr member
    Wow, that looks like a great trail. It really looks like the U.S. in the Southwest.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    that looks like a great place to ride! wow!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Nice video! Wouldn't have thought Adel would work with a MTB video but I dig it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    axisofoil- I love it when people try to fly. Its a sign of optimism while at the same time having nothing left to lose! The way he grabbed his mouth I was very concerned he'd broken teeth and/or put his teeth through his lip but aAntony was fine, just a bit of a scuffing and a very dented sense of humour.

ArmySlowRdr- Thanks, can see how that works now. Many places dont allow the iframe code but its as easy as cut n paste here

Glad folks like the video. Yep it is a great place to ride and kinda under the radar.

_Alberto_- it works well doesnt it!

Now I've worked out how to cut and paste the code here's another one. Just descents, not crashes but some sketchy riding. The Wadi Racer segment is very long for a good reason. We are just starting to get competitive using Strava and this is one of the key TT test piece trails for us. The rest is less overly long.

Low res because I'd used up my weekly allowance when I uploaded it

12 10 2012 Showka Descents from Ian Ganderton on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    I've got a friend who lived in Dubai for a number of years and actually built a trail out there. Have you ever run into a guy from Pittsburgh with the initials of JM before, say, Jan. 2010?