mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Go Pro and Adobe Acrobat Premiere

I am a rookie with the whole video thing, bought the camera and thought I would be able to immediately upload videos-even if just to a friend or family member. Then, realized you can't do that, you need some type of editing software, so I bought Adobe Premiere. Does anyone use this? It seems cumbersome and and techy? Do you have to join there club or what ever it is called to get any usefull help?

All I want to do is edit the various clips into one film, add a title and a line or two of info at the front of the video and add music. Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have premier pro cs5 (dont know if this is the same as you have) but there is an import for go pro files so you dont have to convert them.

The help within the program is pretty good and there are heaps of help in the form of youtube vids and forums.

I'd never used it before (tinkered with sony vegas but found it quite awkward) but found with a little experimenting, that creating clips and then making the videos out of these clips was the simplest way to go.

As with most things it's going to be tricky at first.

http://www.adobe.com/support/premiere/gettingstarted/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0HvsqHPTPI

mtbr member
    May 2004
    1. Acrobat is the PDF software, so I think you just messed up the title
    2. Premiere is what I use to edit my clips, once you spend some time with it, you'll be OK.

PMK
    mtbr member
    FWIW, I bought ADOBE PE9. Some videos from one camera worked while video from another would not import.. Fought with it for hours. Finally called their tech support line. They insisted that it was my computer not having enough video capability. Tried another computer, same issue. As per ADOBE tech support, I uploaded the files to ADOBE. The response was they could not play them either.

I spoke with them again last night to see if they made any progress. I was informed that ADOBE engineering could not make the files work either. They admitted the inability to read the codec. Getting a refund now.

While all this was happening I bought Sony Vegas, so far for me. Easier to use, eveything is imported and works.

Also ADOBE stuff that did import was super slow and as others have said, brought my computer to its knees.

So far Sony has not done that.

Prior to the HD stuff, I just used Moviemaker with good results, easy and worked.

Best of luck with it...

PK