mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Glue K-Edge Mount to Plasma Stem??

I have used various GoPro mounts on my road bike and the only one that produces good results is the K-Edge saddle mount (GO BIG Pro Saddle Rail Mount - K-Edge GO BIG Mounts) for rear-facing footage. The fact that this thing is metal and does not flex make a big different. I love my GoPro but the stock plastic mounts not only break but produce pretty shaky footage before they break.

Unfortunately, I run an FSA Plasma integrated bar-stem (Plasma Integrated Compact Handlebar) on my road bike and all the curves mean that the K-Edge (and the plastic GoPro mounts for that matter) that are designed to clamp a round handlebar really don't work with the Plasma. I tried affixing a standard GoPro curved mount (Curved Adhesive Mounts - GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports) but there is enough flex in the rubber-ish adhesive base and the plastic snap-in interface that I get shaky footage.

I want to use this basic K-Edge mount (GO BIG GoPro) by gluing it to the front of the stem section of my Plasma. I am not worried about ever being able to remove it, I want this thing on as securely and permanently as possible - because if it were to come off, it would probably be as a result of hitting a bump on a fast descent, and I don't want that to happen!

Any idea on the best adhesive to bond this anodized aluminum mount to my clear-coated Plasma?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have this set up on my mountain bike. I bought this adaptor from Toronto Cycle (they sell nuts, bolts and other things and got this "Purely Custom Computer Accessory Mount Bracket Stem Mounted" and place it under my stem cap. I bought then a K-Edge handlebar mount adaptor and put around the round part of PCCMBSM stem adaptor with the Go Pro H2. The round part of the stem mount adaptor is quite small but cut a small portion of PVC pipe and the K-Edge handlebar adaptor will work good. Very stable.

note: to keep the PVC pipe and and round part of the stem mount together and more aesthetic...I used old road tire, electrical tape or shrink tape.

note:check Toronto Cycle, go to the headset and spacer menu and you'll see the Purely Custom Computer
    stem mount. It will work much better with your Plasma handlebar.