Tool

Fort Rock MLK II

A day a few of us will never forget:

Fort Rock MLK II from Pete on Vimeo.

Thanks to Raineman and shadrack for providing the chest-mount and rear-facing footage, respectively. Thanks to hcklr for wearing bright clothing. Fort Rock is in Exeter, NH.

-Pete
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

GIANT RIDER
    Aug 2009
    one of the best sunday morning cups of coffee i have had in a long time.
    nice work, it looked like you guys were having a blast.

oh and clever editing with the tempo, a bit much at times (for my taste) but still a tight job at it.

Tool
    Thanks! We did indeed have a blast.

I appreciate the feedback, too. I'm trying to get a feel for the line between being consistent and just doing too much.

-Pete

mtbr member
    That authentically conveyed the riding. Nice one

mtbr member
    Love the musically sync'd editing. Good vid

mtbr member
    Loved it,,every second of it

Youve done well there i reckon

Got anymore??
    2010 Yeti ASR 7

mtbr member
    Very nice. The edits with the music are really good. I have had a hard time getting that to work very well with MS Movie Maker and then any change I make with transitions seems to mess it all up. Yours looks flawless. A stem or top-tube mount gives less movement than the bar mount. On the other hand the bar mount depicts the effort it takes to keep a bike on the trail. I also think that it is good that you also have...4 mounting positions (camera angles) for one ride. In my experience that is hard to do sometimes depending on who you are riding with.
    Again Great Video.

mtbr member
    You guys so lucky that you have this gorgeous trail! Good job on video, thank you.

Tool
    Thanks for the kind words, Everyone!

GR - yes, were are lucky that we have the Fort Rock Trail system. Some of it is on private land, so there are folks contstantly working to keep the trails opened and maintained. We have the snowshoers and Pugs riders to thank, too, because if they didn't pack it down after each snowfall, we'd all be riding Pugs or elsewhere.

Kiwi - the transitions are of course what take all the time when editing. I've only use the free version of VideoPad for editing, so I can't tell you anything about Movie Maker, but in VP the key was to find a workflow that either kept things intact or find clever ways of marking important spots on the timeline (I'll sometimes add a second audio track to the timeline that I don't intend on using and I can start/stop/split that track anywhere I want to mark precise spots). This stuff still takes a lot of time as far as I can tell. I'm still learning - I consider myself a video noob. I do have other mtb vids on my Vimeo site (click the 'Pete' link just below my video).

-Pete