Thread: Flip mino hd

mtbr member

Flip mino hd

Not sure if this is the right place for this but does anyone have any ideas for a homemade or store bought mount for this cam to either a helmet or handlebars thats steady. preferably a bar mount idea. thanks pics would be helpfull

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm wondering if the GoProHD camera's chest mount might work with that camera. I've see other people zip tie regular digital snap shot cameras on video mode and filmed to show the handle bars set back enough to give a good in the action perspective while keeping it on the body which is probably the best way to help with a stable image.

mtbr member
    Hmmm. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one. Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How to modify the GoPro adapter to a tripod mount.
    I think I'll plan on trying the same thing. Right now I have a ghetto handlebar mount for the flip mino hd, but it does shake a lot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So I was looking around the room to see if anything would hold my Flip Mino HD snugly, and I found that my iPod 3G Nano armband (from Belkin) holds it perfectly. The slot cuts off under the lens, and the clear side where you would press on the iPod dials are right over all the controls. So this got me thinking,

What if I cut off this "pocket / sleeve" and adapt it onto the CamelBak?
    This model here is a
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...UL._SS500_.jpg
    Griffin Streamline iPod 3G Nano armband, but it comes with the slits on the sides / an armband that should (should!) wrap around the straps of a CamelBak. You could also find a plastic buckle and sew it back onto the band so that it could release / unclip when taking off the CamelBak.

I'll update this once it comes in. These things are only 5 dollars shipped on Amazon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So my little iPod armband came in, and i just took the armband strap off, and just put it on my camelbak sternum strap, and put the flip into the little spot.
    here are the pictures:

http://img39.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0125002146.jpg

Gripes?
    Flip Mino HD doesn't have a wide enough viewing angle.
    I haven't been on the trail yet (due to the weather) with it, but soon. soon.
    -Wangamachang
    Last edited by wangamachang; 01-25-2010 at 11:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ...edited.