mtbr member
    Jun 2011

... and if we just ... First Video Attempt So-Cal Mountains

Well I finally got a Gopro, and here is another guy posting their first video made. I bar mounted the Camera, and yes, it's pointed a little low. I found the mount was a little loose, and I just needed to tighten it up. I ride alone often, and ride almost always in Mountain areas, so I figure this Camera will get a LOT of use. Bought the Wasabi batteries too, so I have three batts with me on a ride if needed. I'd like to mount this thing to the seat post, and perhaps even the fork, and try some different angles, as it seems everyone uses the Chesty mount. The bar mount seems to work out pretty well. Watch it if you want and give me some feedback. It's only a short video so it should not be too painful.

re member
    Not bad, man!
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Not bad, man!
    Thanks... a lot of fun to have record of all the good times and places we all go. I think I will use it a lot.

re member
    One editing tip...if the video is going to have, lets say, two minutes of bike footage, instead of one two minute long clip, have six or seven 15-25 second clips. Keep changing it up.

And yeah, it's pretty fun to video-document the rides, isn't it?
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Thanks for the video. I just got my Father's Day "present" -- a Hero3 Black (anyone else buy their own presents?), and I spent much of the day yesterday taking a quick video (riding around the block with my kids) and trying to figure out how to edit it. This would be my first foray into video, editing, and all of that. I played around with the Gopro software (Cineform), the Microsoft, and another one I found on line. I can't say that the editing was straight forward, to be honest!

So I'm curious -- what settings did you use on the camera, and what software did you use to edit?
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    trail looks awesome! good stuff
    JUST DO IT

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tystevens View Post
    Thanks for the video. I just got my Father's Day "present" -- a Hero3 Black (anyone else buy their own presents?), and I spent much of the day yesterday taking a quick video (riding around the block with my kids) and trying to figure out how to edit it. This would be my first foray into video, editing, and all of that. I played around with the Gopro software (Cineform), the Microsoft, and another one I found on line. I can't say that the editing was straight forward, to be honest!

So I'm curious -- what settings did you use on the camera, and what software did you use to edit?
    I used 1080p 30 FPS with ProTune off. I recommend this basic setting for the Silver or White Editions, because they are incapable of 1080p-60, but if you have the Black, I would shoot 1080-60. Beyond 1080 is hard for me to justify even if my Camera was capable of it, as it is hard to share anything beyond 1080p online. I used Microsoft Movie Maker for Windows 8, and it was pretty simple to use. Good luck with your new black model!