Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First video

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    Nice vid Scuboo. The harness looks like a good idea. Your vid was shot a little lower then I would prefer, but it still seeme dto catch everything.
    Ah it's the best pov I think, still some work to do getting the angles just right. I'm new to these cameras but have to say there brilliant.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuarte View Post

Scuboo, that Aiptek footage looks like pretty good. Even better that it can use gopro mounts.
    Cheers, the camera is a brilliant bit if kit, and the fact that is was half the price of the gopro3 is even better. The built in screen is brilliant for reviewing footage or for checking angles, the screen for the gopro is an added extra. There is also a little remote control for starting, stopping and taking still pictures which can come in handy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Testing, as the OP of this thread, I am kindly asking you to be more constructive. I would rather this thread not get closed over petty squabbling.

So please either leave the thread, leave more constructive posts instead of "that sucks roflcopter", or put us all in our place and post your amazingly totally awesomely radical tubular helmet mounted video with no shake on rough terrain.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    Testing, as the OP of this thread, I am kindly asking you to be more constructive. I would rather this thread not get closed over petty squabbling.

So please either leave the thread, leave more constructive posts instead of "that sucks roflcopter", or put us all in our place and post your amazingly totally awesomely radical tubular helmet mounted video with no shake on rough terrain.
    Well said Josh, were still waiting on this great helmet cam video and id say we will be waiting awhile

Ride More, Whine Less
    We may be waiting a long time. He is now banned. My guess he was a super troll that was administratively squashed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I did report him/her after that first post. I really had to resist the urge to treat him like the spoiled brat he was acting like. But I didn't want to end up on the 7 day list also.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    I'm glad everyone kept their cool. This being the internet, there are immature brats once in a while.

Now lets keep the stoke going. I found this video while hunting for the perfect P&S camera to take with me onto trails. This was shot on Sony's HX9, which has since been succeeded by the HX20 and HX30. The kickers: rudimentary selective focus, and full 1080p video @ 60 fps for buttery smooth half-speed slow motion. Oh, and it does well as a compact still camera too. All in a point and shoot size.

It seems the video isn't finished or something. Makes me want to see more.

edit: changed video from link to embed.

mtbr member
    The quality is excellent, would be interested in one if those, love the slow motion shot. Any idea what they retail at?

fly on the wall
    Nov 2010
    ...I just realized something... I put that last post in the wrong thread. I'm subscribed to this and another thread in the video forum for best home-made videos. I got them mixed. Sorry about that Joshh!

As for the camera, I bought the HX20v for $300. It's very good so far, as long as you remember it's a P&S camera and don't expect SLR performance. It's very compact, and also has a wonderful built stabilizer, even for hand held shooting at long zoom lengths.

The main point of this thread was about tips and experiences with POV cameras, so back to that I suppose.

Ride More, Whine Less
    ...I just realized something... I put that last post in the wrong thread. I'm subscribed to this and another thread in the video forum for best home-made videos. I got them mixed. Sorry about that Joshh!

As for the camera, I bought the HX20v for $300. It's very good so far, as long as you remember it's a P&S camera and don't expect SLR performance. It's very compact, and also has a wonderful built stabilizer, even for hand held shooting at long zoom lengths.

The main point of this thread was about tips and experiences with POV cameras, so back to that I suppose.
    I'm thankful you were clumsy with your post. That's an excellent edit

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

No complaints here. It was a great video.
    2012 Rockhopper 29er.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scuboo View Post
    A spin on some local trials trying out the new camera and harnes

Ballinastoe Boardwalk - YouTube
    Any reason why your thumbs are on top of the bars? Kind of risky technique on a trail like that, no?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scuboo View Post
    A spin on some local trials trying out the new camera and harnes

Ballinastoe Boardwalk - YouTube
    Any reason why your thumbs are on top of the bars? Kind of risky technique on a trail like that, no?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregD View Post
    My inexperience I guess or a really bad habit. I only noticed it when I looked back over the video too. It is a risk, something ill have to try and get out of the habit of doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2