mtbr member

First use help please

Received a Hero3 Black for my birthday! Score!!!! Been obsessing over mounting for first ride........ Don't have a chest mount yet, and after viewing you-tube videos, chest mount seems to be my favorite perspective. At this point, my only options are seat post, handlebar, or helmet. I like the look of getting part of the bars/bike into the shot, but this is a no-go with the bar mount, legs are too much in the shot with post mount. I can tilt it down enough on the helmet to just get the handlebar, but this restricts forward view a bit. All of these tests have been on the street in front of my house, and I don't want to be disappointed when I get home from the first singletrack trip with it.
    If it was YOU..........how would you mount for your first ride?
    Thanks for any and all help!

RideDirt
    I usually mount it on my helmet , either up top or on the side .

stoked brah
    What a great gift!
    I'd recommend shooting from as many different mount locations as possible. Mount it to the bars and do a loop, then mount it to your helmet and do it again, then the seatpost facing back, and most importantly off the bike for some ride-by action shots (camera on the ground, or attached to a low branch) of you hammering a hill, hitting a berm, crossing a bridge, crashing, etc. Then you can take different segments of each perspective and piece it all together for a kick ass montage of your ride.

Post it when it's done so we can all check it out.
    Adam Christopher
    ♦ 2015 Santa Cruz Nomad C
    ♦ 2012 Specialized Epic Expert
    ♦ 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

mtbr member
    Meh, pretty bummed. Recorded for 11 minutes, then the whole thing just shut down. No menu options visable, no battery indicator. Took it back to the car to charge....no charging light. Brought it home and tried to at least download the 11 minutes........video coding damaged or corrupted. Took it back and they are sold out. Two weeks until the next shipment. I can wait two weeks no problem after that disappointment.

RideDirt
    Try formatting the memory card a few times for it , there has been a little issue with the new gopros ..

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Try formatting the memory card a few times for it , there has been a little issue with the new gopros ..
    This seems to help a lot of people. And make sure you have the most recent firmware.

I haven't had these issues with my Hero3 Black.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    Meh, pretty bummed. Recorded for 11 minutes, then the whole thing just shut down. No menu options visable, no battery indicator. Took it back to the car to charge....no charging light. Brought it home and tried to at least download the 11 minutes........video coding damaged or corrupted. Took it back and they are sold out. Two weeks until the next shipment. I can wait two weeks no problem after that disappointment.
    Let me guess,... Sandisk card? I stated this before, there is an issue with the architecture of the Sandisk cards and some electronics can't deal with it, I've had better luck with cheapo generic cards off sites like Meritline and Amazon..

I've been hearing the issue with the Black so it may be the Cam, but being that Sandisk is about the most popular card in stores... I'd have them try a diff brand card first just to be sure.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/