Hello All,

Not my first ride of my Utah residency, haven't completed the video for that trail yet but will publish once it is finished. However, I have completed the video for The Bobsled trail in Salt Lake City which is one of it's most famous trails. The videos do not do this trail justice - watching the videos, the trail looks pretty tame - minus the car jumps... However, in reality, this trail has a nasty, gnarly side to it especially at the top where the trail starts to about 1/4 mile into the trail.

The first 1/4 mile of the trail is very steep - I mean butt puckering steep. Add to that the trail is very loose, gravely, and a decent rut in the center of the tread makes for a very slippery ride - not very hard to slide out and it takes all the smurf powers to keep the bike from dumping you in a bloody mess - as evidenced by a couple of guys who were bloodied up at the halfway part of the trail. One unfortunate lad had a busted ankle due to his wheel coming off his bike whilst flying down the descent....definite ouch.

I did this trail on my 29er but if I had to ride this again, may opt for the 26er...The 29er felt too high for the trail in my opinion...not saying you won't enjoy his on a 29er, just between my two bikes, I may have felt more comfortable riding this on my 26er. Not trying to get into the 26 vs 29 argument as that dead horse has been beat to atoms.

In a nutshell, if you ride this trail - bring your big boy panties because the trail is steep, loose gravel, some ruts at the top, and lack of signage with several lines of difficulty - some lines take you to several foot drops and if you are blazing down the trail and take the wrong line --- well you get the picture. Advice - first time down - take it slow. Not too slow but slow enough you can look ahead and pick your line...

It's a fun trail once you get past the first 1/4 mile of the nasty, gnarly steep stuff - unfortunately, no way to bypass that section - it's pretty much the only way to the trail.

Here is the video for you guys. Enjoy!