mtbr member
    Sep 2011

First GoPro video....help

So this is my first GoPro edit. Have several questions though. Most important is.... Why is the quality so crappy but while editing it is very clear and sharp? And I apparently really need help with the windows movie maker because it is only making clips 7 second long no matter how long the actual length is. Help is much appreciated!

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I will say I don't see the crappy picture quality to which you refer. Also the 7 second clips I don't see here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySlowRdr View Post
    I will say I don't see the crappy picture quality to which you refer. Also the 7 second clips I don't see here.
    i have to agree with this the video played all the way through and the quality looked fine to me.
    surly karate monkey
    surly ogre

mtbr member
    I know what you mean by "crappy" quality, the bit rate in the raw video is way above what Youtube offers, so when you upload it, your file quality ends up being lowered. Vimeo does a great job at keeping some what of the quality, but a free account only lets you upload 500mb/week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ah that was what I was looking for. Thank you Kemc. And the 7 second clips I was speaking of arent on the video provided it happens when I try to make and add videos in the windows movie maker. I'm not much of a computer person so that could be the problem as well but I cant seem to figure out how to just have the normal length of the video in the movie maker instead of the 7 second thing.

mtbr member
    I hope this helps, I'll give it my best shot... I tried replicating your problem, I imported a video to movie maker, and I noticed that movie maker processes the footage before being available to edit... notice the image below, there is a "file 1 of 1" and a bar loading on the lower left corner, you need to let it finish in order to view all the videos completely.

mtbr member
    when i bumped the youtube video to 1080p it was super clear.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemc2k6 View Post
    I hope this helps, I'll give it my best shot... I tried replicating your problem, I imported a video to movie maker, and I noticed that movie maker processes the footage before being available to edit... notice the image below, there is a "file 1 of 1" and a bar loading on the lower left corner, you need to let it finish in order to view all the videos completely.
    Withouth being able to see the image that Kemc2k6 uploaded, I believe that I got the same thing. I imported a lengthy video, it broke the video down into 2-7 second intervals, which could then be dragged into the timeline.

I can do some research on it to see if the import settings can be changed, but I am by no length of the imagination even a vague user of Movie Maker. I'll see what I can dig up for you though.

edit:

Not sure if this helps, as I cannot test it for a few more hours.. but:

By default when you import a movie clip, Windows Movie Maker splits the video into several smaller clips. Movie maker does this just to allow beginners to add effects and transitions to the video.

This can be easily disabled by the following steps:
    1) Open Windows Movie Maker
    2) Click File > Import to Collections or (Cntrl + I)
    3) A dialog box appears which allows you to import videos. On the bottom left side of the dialog box, there is the import options
    4) You will find a check box says "Create clips for Video files"
    5) Just uncheck the check box(remove the tick mark)

Now if you add videos it won't get split in smaller clips

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Kemc you are the bomb I never noticed that before. I thank you.