mtbr member

file size limits

What is the biggest file youíve successfully uploaded to Youboob, Vimeo, Blip.tv etc?

Does sending bigger/higher quality files result in better .flv encoding?

I generally upload 5 minute QT h.264 files are about 100mb, but since I finally figured out how to FTP files up to Blip.tv I noticed I can send them bigger files.
    The flash encoding I do with Adobe Premiere Elements hasnít turned out better than when Blip.tv converts the file for me. I havenít figured out how to generate a good .flv video yet??? And the h.264 files once converted to .flv are all blown out and have zero contrast.

I rendered a vid last night that is 1gb and looks really sharp, but something happened when I tried to upload it. No error message came up and Blip.tv didnít send me an email; they normally do this when a file errorís out. Iím going to give this file a shot again when I get home, but if somebody has some past experience with this I could certainly appreciate skipping this trial and error step.

mtbr dismember

Check the site

Check each site for their limits and preferred format. E.g. Vimeo: "If you have a basic account, you are limited to 500 MB per week. However if you upgrade to Plus, you get 5 gigs of upload space per week, with a limit of 1 GB per file." And ...."we like MP4 the best."

You should not be uploading highly compressed files because they compress them even further. I've uploaded 500 mb HD mp4 files to Vimeo.