mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Epic Over The Bars

I'm the fool going OTB, and hitting the ground hard. It hurt

Brutal Mountain Bike Fail!! High Speed Crash! - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Ouch, that hurts...

You are lucky that nothiung was broken. A friend of a neighbour broke som serious bones by a otb and got slight damage on his back.

What happened? Braked to hard? Bad line? Handlebar broken?

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ohhh that sucked... kinda looks like the tire blew the bead after he already lost control but hard to tell... soft sand surface?

where is that? didn't look like any terrain in the US..? or sound like from the voices...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Ouch. Tell us more about your tire setup. Tubeless?

The slow-mo looks like the front wheel turned and got caught funny. Can't tell if the tire coming off was THE cause, a contributing factor, or a side effect.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    This was in australia.

Tyre setup, xm819 rims with a regular ardent up front setup tubeless.
    I think the tyre blew off as I started to crash. I believe the crash would not have been so bad if the tyre stayed on. I now run proper tubeless tyres.

I bent my rim which was only 3 rides old and lost a **** load of skin on my arms and hip. Had huge bruises all over.

Crash was my fault, coming down the trail too fast and another guy was coming up. I hit the brakes too hard, lost the front wheel and the rest is history...
    Another contributing factor may have been the brake pads. I usually use organic, but this ride I was trying metallic. They had much more instant bite, and locked up easier.

Oh well, at least the guy coming up the trail had his gopro running

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have so much c__p footage on my GoPro, I guess, just for this reason. You never know what it will catch. Unfortunately it was you, glad to hear that you didn't kill yourself.

I do a lot of mixed rides and have a tendency to loosen my brakes a little, when I ride on the road, as they seem like they drag a little, I have an old bike. When I'm on the trail a tighten them back up, so I have experienced the scare, luckily no crashing, from brakes working differently than what I expected.