Thread: Epic 720HD

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Epic 720HD

I've been reading around here, and the Epic Stealth Cam didn't get great reviews, both for video quality and durability. It looks like the Epic 720HD has gone a long way towards fixing both of those problems, but I haven't seen to much information about it. With the added waterproof case, is the 720HD ready for the trails?

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    I had a Contour cam prior to the Epic Cam HD. Personally, I like the Epic much better. Plus, I have not had any issues with durability or function since I purchased mine in the Spring of 2010. Here are some HD videos shot with the cam.

On video below, the Epic cam footage begins a 1:25

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    I had a Contour cam prior to the Epic Cam HD. Personally, I like the Epic much better. Plus, I have not had any issues with durability or function since I purchased mine in the Spring of 2010. Here are some HD videos shot with the cam.

But Jeff, arent you a lil biased due to the Ergon/Epic partnership?

Judging by the quality of the videos that you post, there is no way you can compare the EpicHD cam to the quality that the DriftHD, ContourHD & GoProHD bring to the plate.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker
    But Jeff, arent you a lil biased due to the Ergon/Epic partnership?
    Yes, they are a partner, but I stilled paid for it. Guess it all comes down to what you need out of a camera and how much you want to pay. The only down fall to the Epic HD cam is it requires AAA batteries. Like I said, prior to the Epic HD, I had a Contour. Personally, I find the user interface of the Epic easier to use when out on the trails....and back when I get it hooked up to the computer.

mtbr member
    Looks good to me. The quality looks just like what I've seen from the Contour. I really like the wonderful scenery there. I'm gonna have to make it out to Colorado and do some serious riding. Thanks for sharing.