Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Don't buy Chlorophilla....

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  davecfd 
#1 ·
Chlorophilla blows. :eek:ut:
Reasons:

1. It is about 25 mins long. Its about $20.
2. My dead cat is a better rider than anyone in the video.
3. Virtuallly no biking in the movie.
4. Thats about it, did I mention it is about 25 mins long?

Don't be like me and get too anxious for a new movie and waste your oney on this festering bowl of dog spooge. Watch STUND on the internet instead, it's better and free!

#2 ·
I think your are judging it too harshly. Remember that it is just 6 guys who made the movie. It doesn't matter if the riding isn't the best. It certainly stoked me up to go hit some sick trails. It inspired me as an amateur filmmaker. It also showed me that a bike movie doesn't need to have huge hucks in it to be good. These guys just wanted to show their riding, plus most of us watching movies are as good as the guys in the big production movies. Clorophilla relates to the average rider better than most vids, and I certainly enjoyed it. Who cares if it is only 25 min. Tons of skate movies are only 25 mins.
Clorophilla is a great movie.

#3 ·
I bought the movie as well. Definitely a different approach to the video-making process. How many other films can you name that the riders themselves did all of their own work. I expected to watch a film that was going to be very "collective like".What we got was a film from a group of riders that really enjoy what they are doing. No, it isn't your average freeride film, with huge hucks and gaps.Or it isn't your typical film showcasing some of the best riders in the world risking life and limb for your enjoyment. It is totally about something else. Bros in the woods ripping it up their own way. The movie is a little short for the money, but it does capture the spirit of mountain biking. I would buy it again.

#5 ·
sorry to resurrect this thread. however, a friend gave me this video as a "joke" xmas present. not only is the riding crappy, but there are numerous blatant roam rip-offs. these guys suck. luckily it's only 25 mins long and my buddy paid $5 for it in the "bargain bin" at our local shop. sucks...

#6 ·
If you don't want to get stung again, go view the movies on totalvid. That way you can check it out before you add it to your collection.

I watched this movie in 2005, and don't remember feeling too much love for it either. I mean I got the concept and all, but I wouldn't feel good charging people money to watch what essentially amounts to hobbyist films.

#8 ·
i agree. i just watched it. i was sitting on my trainer, and thought it would be a good idea to watch it while riding. talk about a buzz kill, i couldn't wait for the video to get over. i was yawning, it was so boring. i will never watch it again.

#11 ·
Well.......

I thought it was alright, just a nice relaxing film to watch with some nice scenery. The kindda **** I like to do when im in the mood for a relaxing ride with no stress.

Sometimes its nice just to chill in the open instead of doing the grind!!

Although I wouldnt buy it :)

Peace

#12 ·
i just got this DVD in the mail today($12 on amazon) and i'm watching it as i type. i definately see the collective-isms but i don't think it's a bad thing, though maybe a little misdirected. the one thing i don't really like about the movie is that i'm very aware of what the camera is doing, like it's constantly moving against the action instead of with it. like if the action is moving left to right then the camera is moving up and down or right to left and it's very noticable.

besides that i don't have any problems with the movie. i knew it was an amatuer piece when i bought it so i'm judging it accordingly. being an amatuer filmmaker myself i'm just stoked that these guys got their movie out there. riding aside i just enjoy watching the scenery in this video, i feel like i'm watching a dvd version of Singletrack magazine.

i think these guys would make a better movie if it had some dialogue, like interviews or goofying off to break up the riding segments. i like the parts where you actually see the video crew photographers during the riding, they should think about making their next movie more documentary style instead of just riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.